Author Topic: Shapeways hi-def acrylate couplers?  (Read 2448 times)

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1330
Re: Shapeways hi-def acrylate couplers?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 01:39:07 AM »
Having Atlas make them would be the best bet.  They have the license for N scale Accumates, and I can't imagine Accurail complaining about a new version in a scale they don't compete in.  Plus, they'd be made to the original standards, from the original material, which would probably be better than anything Shapeways could make (yet).
N Kalanaga
Be well

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5522
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 02:11:04 AM »
Wouldn't you want to copy a coupler that doesn't fall apart?
 :trollface:

Atlas Paul

• Crew
  • Respect: +361
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 09:01:35 AM »
+2
@Atlas Paul Since we have your ear... any chance of seeing a long shank Accumate in the next round of these cars? Maybe sell them separate to retrofit the first run cars.

I'll have our Product Development guys look into it.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4623
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 11:58:33 AM »
Even thought this is now a regular occurrence, I find it amazing how the Internet makes it easy to communicate directly with the model manufacturers.  And not just some sales guy, but much higher up the management chain.  :D  And we also get an instant feedback. Long gone are the days when we mailed (snail mail) them a suggestion or a request letter, then often didn't even received an acknowledgement.
. . . 42 . . .

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1330
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2018, 02:39:59 AM »
Peteski:  I agree, and it's good for the companies as well.  They can get ideas, delivered straight to the people responsible for dealing with them, without having to dig through all of the other mail.  And, if they have questions about the idea, contacting the originator is just as easy.  Plus, on sites like this, they can also get market info on the idea at the same time, so have a better idea whether it's worth pursuing.

In this case, a longer shank coupler sounds like a good idea, as they're fairly common on modern prototypes.
N Kalanaga
Be well