Author Topic: posting images  (Read 2137 times)

gary60s

• Crew
  • Charter member of CAMRRA
  • Respect: +74
posting images
« on: October 23, 2017, 05:23:11 PM »
Isn't there an easy way to put images in a post? All methods I've found here are extremely complicated. Can't you just attach a jpg image from your computer? The insert image button won't work for me.
Gary

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: posting images
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 06:05:07 PM »
Look over https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=42854.0
That post should be helpful (and gives a good reason to use the gallery).
. . . 42 . . .

Doug G.

• Crew
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 09:46:50 AM »
If you click on "Add image to post and upload to gallery", it's easy. Just upload and it gets added to your post.

I generally agree that adding images in most forums is abysmal. Applications very poorly written.

Doug
Atlas First Generation Motive Power and Treble-O-Lectric. Click on the link:
www.irwinsjournal.com/a1g/a1glocos/

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2894
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 03:38:39 PM »

but to get it to work, I had to add it to "mypicture" portion ..  and its still crooked :(

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 04:08:29 PM »
But once you create the structure to hold your photos (a one-time thing), posting  is easy.  I like my photos organized - that is why I create a more complex "category" structure to be able to put photos in locations where I'll find them much easier than if they were all in one bucket. I often re-use photos I uploaded here and it makes sense to me to have them organized (just like I had on Photobucket).

Another benefit is that you can now go to your photos or your gallery to edit (rotate) that photo so it is upright. You could not do that to photos attached directly to a post.  And of course you can point someone to your gallery and to a specific category containing all related photos. Another nice thing about hosting photos in the gallery is that you can preview your post and it will show photos (previewing a post with photos attached to a post did not show them).
. . . 42 . . .