Author Topic: Cisco Bridges: a new layout concept  (Read 135543 times)

Bob

• Crew
  • Respect: +545
Re: Cisco Bridges: a new layout concept
« Reply #945 on: April 12, 2021, 02:55:50 PM »
+2
Hi Scott - just got my issue today.  I followed your thread over the years, was really sorry to hear the layout was coming down; thrilled to see you on the cover of MR!!!!!!!  Happy to seek key components have found good homes.  Good luck with your move, and I hope you stay in N scale in your new home - I can't remember the last time an N scale layout made the cover of MR - super impressive!!!!!  Bob

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
« Reply #946 on: April 12, 2021, 08:43:54 PM »
+1
Thanks Otto, I managed to get some paper copies of the issue today and I am very pleased with the article.

I'm working on a new layout concept, hope to grace these pages again!

Good to see it living on in the pages of MR and on other folks’ layouts. As a side note, in my “spare time” (three full days a week) I’m working on a friend’s very large HO layout that will include a brass model of this bridge by OMI, below.
Your efforts will be an inspiration!
Kind regards,
Otto K.

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +1139
« Reply #947 on: April 12, 2021, 09:13:58 PM »
Otto, wow!  I'd love to see one of those OMI bridges.  They are near-mythical in their rarity!

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
« Reply #948 on: April 14, 2021, 08:22:25 PM »
+3
Ha, yes Scott; supposedly only 35 made.
Here you go. In Horribly Oversized scale it’s almost 10’ long with the approaches. I’m now struggling with designing that portion of the layout to accommodate it and to do it justice. It will be a freelance setting at 58” high as we have a branch line running 17” below the top. No wonder I have no time to work on my own layout... :facepalm:
Otto K.

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +1139
« Reply #949 on: April 14, 2021, 09:05:25 PM »
That is the real deal!  Not many people have a $5K bridge on their layout, your friend is fortunate.