Author Topic: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 1/17  (Read 1934 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lenny53

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2298
  • Respect: +2063
Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 1/17
« on: June 01, 2017, 07:21:24 AM »
+2

tom mann

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 10921
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +1017
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 1/17
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 09:45:34 AM »
+3
I got to hang out with the goon squad last night. Here's @Ed Kapuscinski :

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Blazeman

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1306
  • Respect: +65

tom mann

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 10921
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +1017
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 1/17
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 10:26:34 AM »
+1
Oh and I should mention that we ran into Baltimore's preeminent coin collector!

chicken45

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4500
  • Gender: Male
  • Will rim for upvotes.
  • Respect: +1014
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 1/17
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 10:33:17 AM »
+1
Oh and I should mention that we ran into Baltimore's preeminent coin collector!

Don't do drugs, kids.
Josh Surkosky

Here's a Clerihew about Ed. K.

Ed Kapucinski
Every night, he plants a new tree.
But mention his law
and you've pulled your last straw!

Alternate version:
Ed Kapucinski
Every night, he plants a new tree.
He asks excitedly "Did you say Ménage à Trois?"
No, I said "Ed's Law."

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26110
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11605
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 1/17
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 11:06:27 AM »
0
Oh and I should mention that we ran into Baltimore's preeminent coin collector!
You meet the most interesting people while out railfanning.

I wish one of us had been able to get a pic.

So, these aren't from last night, because I'm slow in processing my stuff, but here are a few from last week.
http://railfanning.kapuscinski.net/2017/06/csx-in-locust-point-at-night-may-2017/


Scottl

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5307
  • Respect: +2619
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 1/17
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 11:17:45 AM »
+3
I had a great trip to BC, including a perfect day to drive the Thompson and Fraser canyons.  I only saw one train but the blue sky and scenery were magnificent.

A CP coal train entering White Canyon with the Thompson River at full flood stage.



This was the precise scene I have been trying to model on my layout  :D.  Too bad that the forest behind Cisco burnt in a fire last year.  The river was impossibly high- really impressive.  If it had not been 35 degrees Celsius I would have waited for the next train.


basementcalling

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3922
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1056
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 1/17
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 11:54:31 AM »
+2
Spent several days in downtown Roanoke at a convention. On a lunch break one day, I drove over to the NS shop and yard area.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Hard at work on a local switching cars.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Track cleared and a COFC train came through. One hogger waiting for the others to clear the crossing.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Lots of double stacks. Some even modelable in N scale.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Look what was hiding behind those tall cars. Fresh from the shops. No idea what car class this is.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Another new car. And then I was gon. :)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

But not forgotten. Was disappointed this was the only angle available to shoot the heritage PRR unit. Looked far more impressive in person than in this shot.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Always more work to do.












Peter Pfotenhauer

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 1/17
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 01:07:11 PM »
+2
I got to hang out with Robbman on Memorial day (he says hello!) on the Bristol line.

I had planned to be around Roanoke to document some of the remaining N&W CPLs, but I learned the day before that 611 was in town and running excursions:


I also got some video of 611, will upload it in due course.

But the real reason was to document many of the remaining N&W CPLs on the Bristol line:



For the bulk of the weekend I was visiting my oldest son who lives in NC near the old Virginia Creeper right of way.

Mark


« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:11:36 PM by Mark5 »


Mark W

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1988
  • Respect: +2125
    • Free-moNebraska
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 1/17
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 01:56:26 PM »
+1
Got to chase a plane train briefly over the weekend. Front end power had a special guest from Canada.





Can't wait for MTL's N Scale release of these next month!!





Was able to get some video too:

Contact me about custom model building.
Learn more about Free-moNebraska.
Learn more about HOn3-mo.

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 1/17
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 02:28:40 PM »
+1
That plane train is pretty wild! 8)


Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26110
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11605
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 1/17
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 04:06:18 PM »
+1
Here are a few more evening shots. From my normal Martin State haunt.





And the video:
/>

Caleb Austin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 527
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +522
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 1/17
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 07:16:59 PM »
+1
Lots of great shots this week!

Here's one from last month. Westbound Amtrak Cardinal approaches Crozet VA.


eja

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1527
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +279
Support our Veterans
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 05:11:44 PM »
+1
A visitor in San Diego California while on my Friday bike ride.





« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 05:26:28 PM by eja »

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5868
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4870
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 1/17
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 12:05:32 PM »
+1
How I spent my Saturday.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Nothing like getting a bunch of friends together to wash and wax your locomotives.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 08:38:36 PM by mu26aeh »