Author Topic: 15th Annual NC RR Expo April 8, 2017  (Read 734 times)

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
15th Annual NC RR Expo April 8, 2017
« on: March 31, 2017, 08:32:42 PM »
Its a week early this year and only a week away.  This is the best train show in western N.C. and one that is well worth attending.  To learn more visit the link below...

http://www.tarheelpress.com/Trainshow/

This is a great show for N-scalers what with the Central Carolina N Scalers traveling modular layout and several very good dealers.  Western North Carolina is a little short of good hobby shops (most of us can't drive 60-plus miles to Spencer on a frequent basis) so this show is definitely one to attend.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 08:34:58 PM by jmlaboda »

Bobster

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
Re: 15th Annual NC RR Expo April 8, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 04:48:19 PM »
Greetings,

Look forward to this annual outing.  Picked up a lot of rolling stock there over the years.  Got a lot of good ideas on layouts.   What I want to do and what I want to avoid doing.  Then there's that group who has the giant wooden trestle!  I'm looking for some Kato Super Chief & CB&Q passenger cars this year.  I really need the Super Chief observation car and Wabash domes.  Hint to vendors or anyone else!  I really would buy at a show than the auction site.  I expect to be there fairly early.  Look for a heavy guy in his mid 50's with a black EMD Customer Training Center hat and a blue zippered note book under his left arm.

The Central Carolina bunch usually has a nice module on using foam for landscape construction incorporated into their layout.  And to the Z scale guy from the mountains be sure to bring some N scale stuff you talked about selling.  I can't remember what we were discussing last year when I started having e-mail difficulties (last fall after Asheville).

See you Saturday,
Bobster

np1969

• Respect: +1
Re: 15th Annual NC RR Expo April 8, 2017
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 10:36:42 PM »
Bummer for me that it is in early Spring. My sister has been after me for a long time to come visit her out there a bit southeast of Charlotte. One of these summers I want to get out there and see the Biltmore mansion and other interesting sites, but I'm sure it won't be in April. Still and all, I kind of wish I could be there. It's always fun to see new and different layouts and vendors.

I hope your show is as good as the United Northwest Train show we have here in the Pacific Northwest at Monroe. WA.