Author Topic: Just take my money already  (Read 4053 times)

brokemoto

• Crew
  • Respect: +181
Re: Just take my money already
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2017, 10:08:57 PM »
I would rather see a T3 than a T4.  The B&O had many more T-3s, and they are more unique looking.  That said, from a manufacturer's viewpoint, the T4 can also serve as a B&M model, and maybe some others, too.  I don't know of any other 4-8-2s that were made by adding boiler sections to 4-6-2s and 2-8-2s, like the B&O did to create the T-3s.

I do not disagree on the T-3, but the T-4 would be more attractive because it could serve for two roads.  Some other posters have mentioned the C&O/Penn 2-10-4s, SP/B&M 2-8-4s.  There are also SL-SF/CRI&P 2-8-0s. B&O/Penn 4-4-2s and 2-8-0s and all sorts of NP/GN/SP&S power.

Even though Mr. Bach-Man replied on another topic that there were "no plans" currently to do the USRA lights in N that Bachpersonn is doing in HO, I would not be surprised to see them, as what appears in HO usually appears in N at some point.  I did note that the HOs had high mounted lights if the road had that.  I would hope that if they appear in N, the same variance would be available.  MP's re-issuing these should not hinder B-mann, as B-mann did do a GG-1, which both Kato and Arnold have done.  B-mann also did a Van Sweringen Berkshire, which RR and LL/WKW have done.   I am convinced that B-mann would do a better job of these than would MP.  Aside from the cast-on details, B-mann would not issue these with half wheels live tenders, as has MRC. 

I am surprised that MRC is issuing these with sound, a decoder and a half wheels live tender.  MR did attempt to compensate by making some of the idler trucks live, but that falls short of what is necessary.  Funny, though when you take out the stock tender from any of the MPs (USRA lights, eight wheeler or mogul) and swap in a B-mann SPECTRUM tender, you get a real winner.

Uncle Pete had about fifteen USRA 0-6-0s (five on OSL), but I do not know if they worked in Ogden, or not.

eric220

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Continuing my abomination unto history
  • Respect: +607
    • The Modern PRR
Re: Just take my money already
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2017, 10:19:33 PM »
+1
To add to the wishlist, I'd love to see all manner of PRR power, but I really think there are only two major glaring vacancies in the available roster. Those being:

-I1sa
-H10 (or H-thing, H10/H9/H8)

We've got GG1s and K4s to haul passenger trains, and M1s for fast freight. If we had Is for drags and Hs for locals and heavy switching, that would be about as much as I think we could ask for. Of course, I'd love to see P5s, B6s, G5s, and any number of other classes, but I really think an I and an H would fill out the majority of PRR steam needs.
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com