Author Topic: A free-moN version of the WBTR  (Read 24426 times)

soo

• Crew
  • Respect: +107
Re: A free-moN version of the WBTR
« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2016, 06:02:39 AM »
+3
Fellow modelers and just general people,
     After pulling my head from a certain area..I see the last picture is a wee bit back lit. Therefor causing the lack of being able to see da bridge. :facepalm: :facepalm:

So....Poof!!

Some things..
1. Work on piers and supports.
2. Get a camera..quit using my phone.
3. Need photo stacking software.

4. Happy thanksgiving!!

Laters,
Y-it

SSW7771

• Crew
  • Respect: +97
« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2016, 11:02:58 PM »
Good looking bridge. You might need some bridge shoes.
Marshall

soo

• Crew
  • Respect: +107
« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2017, 09:44:35 AM »
+2
It has been 4 months since I had posted anything.
     What have I done?, Not much really..it is the past week that I really applied myself.

1. When I first laid track over the section joint in Cardigan Junction, I glued the American Tie and Timber tie strips right to the cork,, bad idea. So I decided to tear that out. I replaced the joint area with 1/8" plywood. Works much better.

1. Painted 4 sections Valspar tree trunk.( thanks Ed K  for the great winter scenery article!)

2. Laid track for section 2 ( I-694) bridge section.

3. I also cut and painted styrene for I-694 and Soo street. Just a quickie. To give me some idea. I noticed that the paint " cracked". Like maybe the pigment shrunk during drying.
      Waiting on my 1\32" striping tape to come in. I did some math, I can put the roads on 3\16" plywood and still be in tolerance for 70's-80's vertical DOT height clearances of around 14' or so. Right now the bridge sits 1 1/2" from the plywood to bottom of girder. If I could find a picture of bridge clearance sign from the bridge in question..that would be great..just do not know where to locate.

4. Laid track for section 3 and 4. Which is the Arden Hills industrial area.
5.  You can also see that I tried some grout ground cover..ehh..hard to spread...came out lumpy. Used a brush to feather out..worked ok I guess. I need to figure out a way to spread that stuff. Maybe a flour siffter. Luke Towan on You Tube uses a spray bomb cap inside of a panty hose.

Tried some grout ground cover..ehh..hard to spread...came out lumpy. Used a brush to feather out..worked ok I guess.

6. Wired up all the sections that have track.

7. Attached my digitrax system to some scrap plywood I had laying around. Now I have duplex wireless for the sections.

I did all of that in 4 days this past week. Cept for the ground cover. Not having a job helped..I was able to spend 6-8 hours per day on the sections.

Plan this week..besides trying to find a job.
A. Install 8 slide switches for turnout control and frog power.
B. Paint track with my new airbrush ( iwata eclipse) or I might just my paasche..ehh ..do not know.
C. Weather ties before ballasting. See Mike Confalone here. He paints his ties in various stages of disrepair and use. Adds a real nice touch.

Some of you might have seen my cancel membership thread over on the admin side. Seriously thinking about it. Maybe I am just stressed out with life..maybe I just need to focus on other things and not worry about sharing. I really do not know what to do.
So with saying that..this is going to be the last update on my sections.

Goodbye,
Greg Burzynski
AKA wyatt

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8041
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2017, 11:01:29 AM »
+1
1. Painted 4 sections Valspar tree trunk.( thanks Ed K  for the great winter scenery article!)
Some of you might have seen my cancel membership thread over on the admin side. Seriously thinking about it. Maybe I am just stressed out with life..maybe I just need to focus on other things and not worry about sharing. I really do not know what to do.
So with saying that..this is going to be the last update on my sections.

Goodbye,
Greg Burzynski
AKA wyatt

Greg, first, thanks for the shout out.
Second, don't go! You've been a member for a long time, and we'd hate to lose you (and your great work).
Take some time away if you need, but don't delete your account!

Missaberoad

• Crew
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +989
« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2017, 12:48:06 PM »
Looking good... I love how the scale of everything worked out...

I can imagine a h-12-44 or a SW1200 slowly switching that industrial park...

Can't wait to see how New Brighton turns out...  :D
The Railwire is not your personal army.  :trollface:

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1128
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2017, 02:02:51 PM »
+2
Needs this :

:D

When I found it in my stuff I though of your layout.

Jason

SSW7771

• Crew
  • Respect: +97
« Reply #171 on: March 13, 2017, 10:52:59 PM »
@soo I am sad to see you leave. The modules are coming together nicely; I enjoyed following along.
Marshall