Author Topic: HOn3 Rio Grande Southern First District 1938-1945  (Read 95223 times)

Dave V

• Crew
  • The Route of the Galloping Goose
  • Respect: +5352
Re: HOn3 Rio Grande Southern First District 1938-1945
« Reply #1065 on: July 11, 2020, 12:04:26 PM »
+1
Your craftsmanship really shines with this project.  I can see why HOn3 appeals to you.

I'll just be over here trying to figure out the noise my 50 year old N scale engine is making... or is that my 56 year old spine? :D

Thanks man!  HOn3 has always been a craftsman scale, although Blackstone changed that for the brief period of time it was available.  But now that Blackstone is almost unobtainable again, the craftsman kits are still around and are still a lot of fun.  With the pressure of completing a layout off my shoulders I can really dig into these projects.
Silver San Juan Scenic Line

Member SlimRail Modular Colorado Narrow Gauge
http://www.slimrail.net/

johnb

• Crew
  • Respect: +542
    • My blog
Re: HOn3 Rio Grande Southern First District 1938-1945
« Reply #1066 on: July 11, 2020, 04:21:26 PM »
Thanks man!  HOn3 has always been a craftsman scale, although Blackstone changed that for the brief period of time it was available.  But now that Blackstone is almost unobtainable again, the craftsman kits are still around and are still a lot of fun.  With the pressure of completing a layout off my shoulders I can really dig into these projects.
I totally get what you mean, I am delving into the world of white metal kits with my latest project.