Author Topic: TRW says the "upload folder is full"  (Read 2644 times)

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
Re: TRW says the "upload folder is full"
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 03:18:17 PM »
OK, thanks to @peteski 's tutorial, I can get a photo into a category in "my gallery."

If a photo of my Rivarossi based kitbash of an ATSF 1100 series chair car appears above, then I figured out the post and upload to gallery feature.

But is there an easy way to post a photo already in my gallery, or for that matter, someone else's?
I don't see is a "display photo from existing gallery"- I assume that I could open a separate window, navigate to my gallery, select the photo, copy the URL and then to back to the reply, hit the photo button and paste in the photo's address, but that seems pretty cumbersome.  Am I missing something?

Also, can I use the "my gallery" to "host" my photos for use on other sites or will I see a big red X or something.
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: TRW says the "upload folder is full"
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 05:46:02 PM »
I can see the image just fine Tom - you did it correctly.   :)  You also already figured out how to post a photo already uploaded to the gallery.

You go to the gallery (either yours or someone else's) and click on the photo you want to include in your post.

Once you are viewing that photo's page, the links are ready to be copied and pasted into your post.  I use the "BB Code".
That is the easiest way to reference an existing gallery photo.

If you only used the procedure described in this thread but you would like to better organize your gallery (or bulk-upload photos), there is another sticky thread on how to do that in this section of the forum.
https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=42854.0
. . . 42 . . .