Author Topic: Amoskeag Northern Version 4.8675309  (Read 2571 times)

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +157
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Amoskeag Northern Version 4.8675309
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2022, 10:48:35 PM »
+3
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Finally, we got some decent rain today and it looks like for tomorrow as well so outdoor projects are on hold and it was layout time. The outdoor projects have really been cutting into time on the layout, and ever since buying a new green and yellow toy I never realized how much outdoor project wise I had stacked up.

Anyways, I really wanted to get working on the Market Basket project that has sat idle for about a year. After getting all the design elements and vector files from Market Basket I ended up building just the basic shell of the building, and there it sat. Ended up spending a few hours on it today to get the loading dock built and the roof installed. Hoping over the week to get it final painted and then the HVAC, signage and other details installed.

The backdrop along the entry door is probably going to be an upcoming project. Plan is to have a panel slide into the doorway when I want visibility into the family room blocked.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2022, 10:20:12 PM »
+2
Busy week. As we entered our first real heatwave of the year the house AC decided to blow a capacitor and I spent all day Friday driving aimlessly around to find it. Its installed now, but damn was it hot. Even the relatively cool layout room was hot and humid, but I was able to push out some work. I ordered some flex track to get the 2nd main installed though the staging yard and start the trackage on the Simonds Industrial track, which has been on the back burner for about a year now. While I'm waiting for that I continued to work on Market Basket and the bridge at Winthrop Ave., adding the final details to MB for painting, and getting the scenery and guard rails in on Winthrop Ave. bridge.

Then over to the west end of the layout between CPC Mandrake and CPC Simonds to work on the overpass for Tomah St. Originally I had planned on this bridge having poured concrete abutments but wanted to go with a more modern replaces old look. I'd had several New England Brownstone cut stone walls and wings left over from a bridge project and decided to use these as the base of the abutments and then have it as if they were repaired/partially replaced during a bridge project, most likely to raise and shore up some failing stone. There's quite a few bridges like it in the area of Metro Boston and I always thought they were neat.

ISE sent out an email last night on two price increases coming for the ProtoThrottle, so I bit the bullet and ordered another one, which should be here in a few days.

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2022, 01:53:52 AM »
+2
Just a little bit more work at Tomah St.  this week. Still need to work on some retaining wall stuff, but the most of it is roughed in.

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2022, 10:17:12 PM »
+1
Starting to poke along some more, but I was finally able to get the mainlines back in around CPC Mandrake and can go roundy round again, but that had to wait until the replacement LocoBuffer came in.  Summer really unfortunately cuts into time on the layout so June and July were wrapped up into one update video.

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2022, 08:32:53 PM »
New Locobuffer is in, and I was able to get trains running again. Additionally, was able to get the mainlines though the staging yard and started adding additional staging tracks, which will end up totaling 4 tracks in each direction. Kids are back in school starting this coming week so I'll have more time to dicker on the layout, and hopefully get the benchwork finished for the Simonds Industrial track, which serves the International Paper mill.

But until then, some roundy round with Portland-Chicago manifest POCH and Amtrak 612.