Author Topic: Consolidating my equipment  (Read 652 times)

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +509
Consolidating my equipment
« on: January 19, 2017, 07:16:49 PM »
With my new Canon 80D, I also got the 18-135 EF-S IS USM and 55-250 EF-S STM lenses. This effectively replaces:

EF-S 18-55 kit lens with the Rebel XTi
EF-S 18-55 IS II lens - a much sharper update to the original kit lens. Also features image stabilization and updated optics.
EF 28-135 USM lens. My first serious lens, and very nice optics. It is big, and heavy and suffers from an insane amount of zoom creep (camera zooms in when strapped to my shoulder lens down - a chronic problem with this lens)

And of course, the Rebel XTi, extra batteries and equipment.

I'm not really sure what to do with this. I could put it up on ebay, but I don't know if it would get a good home.

Any ideas?
Dan's Train Company
Forcing grandma to make my trains since 2019.

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +60
Re: Consolidating my equipment
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 07:38:32 PM »
I'm not really sure what to do with this. I could put it up on ebay, but I don't know if it would get a good home.
Any ideas?

Can you put it up for sale here on TRW? Or is the Trading Post only for railroad-related stuff?

EDIT: I read the Trading Post rules, which specify model railroad equipment, so I guess that answers that.

(I'm on the road until Saturday. Dee stayed home.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:44:55 PM by Kisatchie »
Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +825
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 09:04:10 PM »
We take pictures of prototype and model railroad equipment with camera's, so I consider them (model) railroad equipment.  Wouldn't see a problem listing it there.

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +509
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 10:11:44 PM »
I'll try it out.
Dan's Train Company
Forcing grandma to make my trains since 2019.