Author Topic: Need to couple coupler engine to magnetic passenger cars  (Read 2333 times)

jweir43

• Respect: 0
Re: Need to couple coupler engine to magnetic passenger cars
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2017, 12:06:27 AM »
Just re-read the additional post, so my comment was all wrong.
I wrote:
Just a thought - wouldn't she have been more likely to have seen it with the F-unit coupled onto the front of the Aerotrain locomotive rather than directly to the passenger car?

I would love to know more about the train that your wife rode.

George

Nope.  This was high school and we were 50 miles apart ... I only saw her once when I picked her up in San Diego terminal and my best recall from 1959 was that it was an F7 ATSF, although it could have been a switcher ... hell, I was so much in love it could have been six black swans pulling an iron bathtub and I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Tell you the truth, nearly 60 years later and I still am so much in love with her I can't tell if it is a Piper J3 or Boeing 787 that she comes home on.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Jim

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1315
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 01:34:36 AM »
Answering questions is one of our purposes! 

Of course, you may get as many different answers as people answering, but that's because there is seldom one right way to do the job.
N Kalanaga
Be well

cjm413

• Crew
  • Respect: +145
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2017, 04:34:35 PM »
Nope.  This was high school and we were 50 miles apart ... I only saw her once when I picked her up in San Diego terminal and my best recall from 1959 was that it was an F7 ATSF, although it could have been a switcher ... hell, I was so much in love it could have been six black swans pulling an iron bathtub and I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Tell you the truth, nearly 60 years later and I still am so much in love with her I can't tell if it is a Piper J3 or Boeing 787 that she comes home on.

(Attachment Link)

Jim

Consist information for the San Diegan is here:

http://santafe.gmbus.com/70-83SanDiegan/consist70-83.htm

Motive power assignments for 1959 are here:

http://santafe.gmbus.com/PassengerDieselAssignment1959/PassengerDieselAssignment1959.htm