Author Topic: Will the BLMA detail parts ever come back?  (Read 1614 times)

ryan_wilkerson

• Crew
  • Respect: +142
    • ShastaRails.com
Re: Will the BLMA detail parts ever come back?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 04:52:40 PM »
We just got one of the HO parts back in stock, and I expect to have two more available within the next week.  I think by the end of February there will be 10 or more additional parts back in stock.

Good to hear!
The #66 etched fans have been impossible to find...would be nice to get some sets!

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +1935
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 05:22:50 PM »
We just got one of the HO parts back in stock, and I expect to have two more available within the next week.  I think by the end of February there will be 10 or more additional parts back in stock.

Dude!
How about more N scale stuff (you do know that TRW is N-scale-biased, right)?!

Just giving you hard time Paul - thanks for the update (even if it is H0).   ;)
--- Peteski de Snarkski

-"Look at me, I'm satirical!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm anal retentive!!!"
-"Look at me, I have the most posts evahhhh!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm snarky!!!!"
-"Look at me, I have OCD!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm a curmudgeon!!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm puzzled!!!!

jereising

• Crew
  • Respect: +370
    • The Oakville Sub
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 07:28:18 PM »
+1
More follow up:

Atlas' IT person emailed me to let me know the issue with Chrome has been addressed.

I will say, they are responsive.
Jim Reising
Visit The Oakville Sub - A Different Tehachapi - at:
http://theoakvillesub.itgo.com/
And on Trainboard:
http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?t=99466

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +846
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2017, 09:15:17 PM »
Good to hear!
The #66 etched fans have been impossible to find...would be nice to get some sets!

I have at least 1 pack, maybe a second one if I dig.  I bought them years ago, but am afraid to drill out anything  :scared: :scared: :scared:

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +274
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2017, 01:56:54 AM »
Jim:  I wondered about the lack of USPS, because I sent them three orders last month, through Firefox, and chose USPS for all three.  Interesting that the browser affects the shipping options.
N Kalanaga
Be well

jereising

• Crew
  • Respect: +370
    • The Oakville Sub
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2017, 09:39:05 AM »
Browser differences are usually not noticed except in a case like this.  And the Atlas IT person was very quick to respond.

Wish I needed something else, I'd like to test it under Chrome again and see if it works, or what other gremlins are hiding there...
Jim Reising
Visit The Oakville Sub - A Different Tehachapi - at:
http://theoakvillesub.itgo.com/
And on Trainboard:
http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?t=99466

flight2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 10:42:04 AM »
Good to hear!

Same for the #100 air hoses.  I've been looking and can't find any. 

Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)

Catt

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 11:16:25 AM »
@sirenwerks
"Then why offer the order option online?  Seems to me, if you have a website and offer an order option, it should work, or you're just jerking customers around.  Not everyone has the option of calling Jersey during business hours."

Number one,you get to talk to a real person,Number two,They can tell you upfront if the part(s) are definitely in stock.Number three,there is no chance your info can be hacked.Number four ,they are nice folks to deal with.  :D
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2017, 10:50:37 PM »
+1
@sirenwerks
Number one,you get to talk to a real person,

Not everyone likes to talk to people, and doing things in writing is more efficient when there's an issue, because you don't have the he said/she said to deal with.  (Yes, I know this is ordering hobby items, not diagnosing a brain tumor).  Plus, like I stated, some of us can't fit into Eastern seaboard time zone activities.  I have an active job Monday thru Friday and live on the West Coast, so only have a five hour window of opportunity, which is filled with a very active job that keeps me in meetings and away from my desk frequently.

[/size]Number two,They can tell you upfront if the part(s) are definitely in stock.

A well designed web-based ordering system and tight stock controls would do the same.  And, unless the parts guy you're talking to walks over to the bin that has the parts in it and personally ships drops them in an envelope and mails it to you, he's relying on a computer system and someone else to fulfill the order too, which means IT Atlas's in-house inventory system could be off as well or over-promising occurs and someone (you) get shorted.

Number three,there is no chance your info can be hacked.

How do you think credit card theft occurred before the internet?  While I am young enough to be one of the lucky ones on that OPM-provided Chinese employee list, I'm old enough to have had this happen - a store clerk takes your credit card from you personally, swipes it through and, mistakenly needs to make a second copy (yes, paper swiping), gives the credit card back, and then takes the info on the second copy and goes on a shopping spree.  I also had someone monitor my mail for a credit card they applied for in my name.  Identity theft is not a modern enterprise.

Number four ,they are nice folks to deal with.  :D

Nice folks have bad days too, even at Atlas.
Now seeking Pacific NW N scalers to create a Modutrak-style modular club featuring NP's shared mainline between Seattle and Portland. PM me if interested.