Author Topic: Say It Ain't So Joe  (Read 3030 times)

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
Re: Say It Ain't So Joe
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 04:44:55 AM »
Maybe if MRH replied to article submission queries more N scalers would send them stuff.

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1527
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 08:15:24 AM »
Maybe if MRH replied to article submission queries more N scalers would send them stuff.

I generally get a reply in two weeks or less.  One thing Joe regularly writes about is their small staff, so if you sent something and didn't get a response I'd try again.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 01:26:00 AM »
I generally get a reply in two weeks or less.  One thing Joe regularly writes about is their small staff, so if you sent something and didn't get a response I'd try again.

A lot of inside connections relate parts of the model railroad world. They make quite a difference in getting heard. BTW, if 3 of the same queries don't get a response, I figure none will.
Writing articles is no way to get satisfaction. Instead of writing up how to kitbash, rebuild, modify, and/or repaint equipment/structures, better to do them  to sell on eBay or the forums. At least some other people will actually use the efforts you exert, plus the money is better.

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1527
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 10:24:10 AM »
A lot of inside connections relate parts of the model railroad world. They make quite a difference in getting heard. BTW, if 3 of the same queries don't get a response, I figure none will.
Writing articles is no way to get satisfaction. Instead of writing up how to kitbash, rebuild, modify, and/or repaint equipment/structures, better to do them  to sell on eBay or the forums. At least some other people will actually use the efforts you exert, plus the money is better.

Sorry to hear that's been your experience with Joe.  And we will have to agree to disagree on the rewards of writing.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B