Author Topic: The Haywire HCD  (Read 8906 times)

kc9jts

• Crew
  • Respect: +22
    • my blog of miscellaneous info:
Re: The Haywire HCD
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2018, 08:59:49 AM »
Hey DKS, is it possible to get that list of track/parts?  We moved into our new house this past weekend and while there is still some (read: quite a bit of) unpacking to do that way I can start collecting pieces for when I am able to start construction.  Thanks

Yes, it does, but I thought I'd wait until the dust settles.

So here's my personal tweak. I agree with Michael that the industrial area needed a switching lead, and I fiddled with a few other things, adapting some of Andy's ideas for the industrial area, and hanging some flesh on the bones. I didn't do anything radical--I prefer trying to retain the OP's intent as much as possible, and let him steer any further revisions.

NHayes

• Respect: 0
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2021, 05:50:00 PM »
Just stumbled upon this! I’m from Manistique. How’d it turn out? Hoping to see pictures.  I’ve been planning to do a similar layout, but incorporating the Port Inland Lime and Stone which is east of Manistique.

-Nate

kc9jts

• Crew
  • Respect: +22
    • my blog of miscellaneous info:
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2021, 07:54:31 AM »
Just stumbled upon this! I’m from Manistique. How’d it turn out? Hoping to see pictures.  I’ve been planning to do a similar layout, but incorporating the Port Inland Lime and Stone which is east of Manistique.

-Nate

Hi Nate,

Unfortunately I never ended up building this layout.  I did collect a few pieces of rolling stock (AA and DT&I engines) but that's as far as I got.  Shortly after I had posted this thread and the previous discussions took place I was able to snag two walls in the basement.  I've always been a Soo Line fan and ended up doing the Soo in southeast Wisconsin in the late 60s/early 70s with the current shelf layout.  I have toyed with the idea of doing the M&LS concept still albeit maybe with a 4x8 sheet of plywood for a little more room.