Author Topic: 3D Printing  (Read 974 times)

caseyjonesole97

• Respect: -2
3D Printing
« on: December 28, 2016, 09:33:18 PM »
After a couple of attempts at ordering from TrainCat, I gave up.  That was a year or two ago.  Recently, I have written to TrainCat again, however, I am not confident of receiving a reply.  On a visit to my LHS, Fred at MB Klein said to try a company called Shapeways.  They are a 3D printing company located in NY (I think).  After checking out the site, I was amazed to find B&O signals in O, S and HO scales.  Alas, no N scale darn it.  There were also signals bridges, car bodies, engine cabs...lots of good stuff.  I would recommend checking out Shapeways.com.

eric220

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Continuing my abomination unto history
  • Respect: +607
    • The Modern PRR
Re: 3D Printing
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 09:52:31 PM »
+1
Before some of the snarkier responses roll in, I see your post count is 2. There are lots of good things available on Shapeways, and if you do a search on RailWire, you'll find a plethora of tips on materials, cleaning, finishing, and anything else you'd ever want to know about Shapeways products. You'll even find Shapeways designers here, such as @Lemosteam .

Welcome aboard!

For the record, @TrainCat2 is a member here, although he hasn't posted much of late. I still hold out hope (but I don't hold my breath) that his position light signals will see the light of day.

Also, you'll generally find it's considered bad form around here to post the same comment in multiple forums.
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com