Author Topic: Alaskan Interior Railway: Tok Branchline  (Read 12911 times)

AKNscale

• Crew
  • Respect: +59
Re: Alaskan Interior Railway: Tok Branchline
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2018, 01:09:29 AM »
+1
So not much to report but a little has been done with painting. The other day I was at my friend's and I did a little airbrushing. I finally finished the roofs on my SD35 cabs, which completed the base scheme for my road so I figured I'd share:

I still have a little touch up to do then I'll move to the detail painting. The headlight housings and window panes will be silver, the tops of the shades will be black, the handrail ends will be white, and I may do the grab mids in white also. Then I'll decal and clear, so, I still have a lot to do but it's moving along!

I also did some more wheel painting:

I decided to go with grimy black for the center axle and back of the wheel as it looks better, especially on cars like my tank cars.

A subtle but good improvement in my eyes.

AKNscale

• Crew
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2018, 02:42:09 AM »
+1
Nothing crazy again tonight. I decided to run a train and attempt to weather my interchange track. I made it about halfway.

AKNscale

• Crew
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2018, 02:13:11 AM »
+1
Hey y'all, I received some stuff in the last few days. Here's the first package from Atlas:

It appears Atlas has altered how they do the BLMA parts. Instead of doing 2 pair of cut levers on a fret, now there's only one pair, but it's pre bent and ready to go. Personally, I would prefer more even though it wasn't pre bent, but oh well. I'm happy they're still available.

The next package came from MBK:

I'm definitely excited to get started working on this RSD, and the detail parts will hopefully be much needed improvements to a couple projects.

So, I was very excited to get these as ballast is going to be the next step on the layout. However, I'm rather disappointed that Scenic Express decided the dark grey and blended mixes don't need to be much different in color. I'm glad I picked up all three color variations now so that I can alter the colors to what looks more prototypical. I'm just surprised that this wouldn't have been noticed at all, then again, maybe it looks way better when it's laid down?