Author Topic: Trainfest (besides Atlas & Kato)  (Read 4486 times)

ChristianJDavis1

• Crew
  • I almost killed DKS.
  • Respect: +225
Re: Trainfest (besides Atlas & Kato)
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2016, 11:30:56 AM »
+2
:D

On a more serious note of the three I wonder who will be the first to announce a Little Joe... I can see it coming from any three of them...  :)

Kato a month before they produce it, BLI twelve years before they even start on it, and Bachmann another ten years after both models are well-established and everyone is happy with them.
- Christian J. Davis

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2016, 03:55:42 PM »
  . . . and Bachmann another ten years after both models are well-established and everyone is happy with them.

REALLY?!        Everyone?  Will this happen during my lifetime?

Speaking of Bachmann, maybe it is a good thing there were no announcements . . .  :D :trollface:
. . . 42 . . .

Peter Amling

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2016, 02:29:02 PM »
FVM has now updated their Facebook page with all the announcements from Trainfest: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fox-Valley-Models/92694309796

pilpro

• Respect: +2
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2016, 04:25:14 PM »
Any word from FVM on the intermodal equipment announced in July?

Peter Amling

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2016, 05:22:30 PM »
Any word from FVM on the intermodal equipment announced in July?

Radio silence. I wonder if they are rethinking it due to all the other intermodal announcements, or if they are just waiting till they are closer to production for a formal announcement. I would expect to hear something early next year.

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2016, 09:40:45 PM »
This part won't work on the PS 4750 (and 4740 that I assume is now FVM property), but there is a forthcoming Trainworx part that is designed to fit them

I talked to Bill McClung at the NTS in Atlanta a few years ago and he said the old PM 4740 tooling was worn out and unusable. I would hope someone tools an updated 4740 at some point. More 4700's would be good.

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2016, 10:04:01 PM »
Radio silence. I wonder if they are rethinking it due to all the other intermodal announcements, or if they are just waiting till they are closer to production for a formal announcement. I would expect to hear something early next year.

This reminds me of a related update (not Trainfest related though): I saw the PWRS reps at the Vancouver Train Expo last week and I asked them about their plans for 53' well cars in N scale.  The answer was basically: "yes, we're still interested, but we have other projects in the queue."  So don't hold your breath.   (The potash hoppers they had looked really nice though!)

Missaberoad

• Crew
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +989
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2016, 10:07:14 PM »
This reminds me of a related update (not Trainfest related though): I saw the PWRS reps at the Vancouver Train Expo last week and I asked them about their plans for 53' well cars in N scale.  The answer was basically: "yes, we're still interested, but we have other projects in the queue."  So don't hold your breath.   (The potash hoppers they had looked really nice though!)

Were they the HS hoppers or the modern NSC ones?
The Railwire is not your personal army.  :trollface:

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2016, 04:15:39 AM »
The modern NSC ones.  I had not seen them in person before.  They'll look great on @Scottl 's new Vancouver port layout.   :lol:

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +1139
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2016, 06:58:47 AM »
I saw them too, they looked great.  Must resist...

James Costello

• Crew
  • Respect: +292
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2016, 04:26:08 PM »

Thanks for following this up Gary.

Slow moving queue....
James Costello
Espee into the 90's