Author Topic: Kato Operation North Pole Train  (Read 1798 times)

davefoxx

• Crew
  • "I like trains!"
  • Respect: +1664
Re: Kato Operation North Pole Train
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 08:26:38 PM »
That sounds like a typical 14 - 28/128 speed step mismatch between the decoder and command station.  It is a CV29 setting on the decoder, or adjust your throttle to match the decoder setting. If your loco doesn't exhibit the problem then the decoder in the cab car needs to be changed.  I"m surprised that this problem did not show up on the Digitrax system (since this mismatch problem will show up on every DCC system). I know that it is function only decoder but it still receives the speed and direction packets from the track (so it can work in tandem with the locomotive).

@peteski,

Thanks, Pete. The locomotive is fine, as are all the HO locos that I have.  The only problem is that cab car.  I was afraid that it could be a bad decoder.  Maybe I ought to try switching to 128 speed steps first.

DFF

General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.
Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
A Proud HOer

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +232
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »
Dave, you went with TCS decoder for the loco?  Or did you jury rigged some other brand (sound or no sound)?

jpwisc

• Crew
  • Respect: +587
    • Skally Line Blog
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 08:48:09 PM »
I would love to see a CP rail holiday train manufactured... :D
http://www.cpr.ca/holiday-train/canada

Especially if it was illuminated!
Karl
CEO of the Skally Line, an Eastern MN Shortline.

davefoxx

• Crew
  • "I like trains!"
  • Respect: +1664
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 09:15:45 PM »
Dave, you went with TCS decoder for the loco?  Or did you jury rigged some other brand (sound or no sound)?

If I remember correctly, it's a TCS decoder.  I definitely didn't jury-rig another brand.  At present, it's DCC but no sound.

DFF

General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.
Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
A Proud HOer

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +232
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 09:28:07 PM »
Thanks Dave.  Ordered!  (Including 2 add-on coaches.)

Of course the fact that Klein's has a 10% promotion going on for trains sets (also applicable to the 2 add-on coaches) pushed me over the edge.  Saved $17+ on top of their excellent prices to begin with.

I'm going to set it up around the tree and get the lighting kit.  DC for now until I can get the TCS decoder (probably from a train show).