Author Topic: New Haven Decals  (Read 1375 times)

dmidkiff

• Crew
  • Respect: +125
New Haven Decals
« on: November 03, 2016, 07:40:47 PM »
Hoping a NH guy can chime in here. I'm doing some Alco PA's in the black and red-orange Alpert scheme and want to make sure I get the correct decal set for the NH logos.  I'm looking at Microscale set 60-937; it looks like I can do two Alpert jobs with this set.

Thanks, Doug

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: New Haven Decals
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 01:07:45 AM »
Yes, you should be okay with that set.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 06:33:46 AM »
Time for MicroScale to make NH heavyweight passenger car decals. A certain guy with scratchbuilt diners might agree ... and sooner or later somebody's going to market a single-window coach.
I could use them for my re-worked RPO and head-end cars.

dmidkiff

• Crew
  • Respect: +125
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 11:05:11 AM »
Thanks, Bryan.

coosvalley

• Crew
  • Respect: +639
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 02:09:40 PM »
Time for MicroScale to make NH heavyweight passenger car decals.

You should write or email them! :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4611
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 02:34:38 PM »
+1
You should write or email them! :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

Ouch!  :D
. . . 42 . . .

OldEastRR

• Crew
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 09:57:40 PM »
Actually the MS communication lines have unsnarled at least for now. Really shouldn't laugh at me, tho -- I was one of those to convince MS to make REA decals (they didn't even have them in HO then), and was directly responsible for them bringing out the recent NH freight and FGE ice reefer sets. Plus I had pocket articles printed in several of their e-mail newsletters. I'm not a grumpy old coot just complaining. Now I'm trying to convince them to make Pennsy passenger loco sets with "Pennsylvania" spaced out correctly so we don't have to apply each letter separately on those E units.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4611
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 11:06:59 PM »
Actually the MS communication lines have unsnarled at least for now. Really shouldn't laugh at me, tho -- I was one of those to convince MS to make REA decals (they didn't even have them in HO then), and was directly responsible for them bringing out the recent NH freight and FGE ice reefer sets. Plus I had pocket articles printed in several of their e-mail newsletters. I'm not a grumpy old coot just complaining. Now I'm trying to convince them to make Pennsy passenger loco sets with "Pennsylvania" spaced out correctly so we don't have to apply each letter separately on those E units.

We were laughing (rolling our eyes really) at your chicken-little like behavior when your emails to MS emails kept. I hope that you are able to convince to do those PRR decals (using all possible means of communicating with them).  :D
. . . 42 . . .

bbussey

• Crew
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 08:46:44 AM »
Time for MicroScale to make NH heavyweight passenger car decals. A certain guy with scratchbuilt diners might agree ... and sooner or later somebody's going to market a single-window coach.
I could use them for my re-worked RPO and head-end cars.

If you're modeling the 1940s and up, this set will work for most of the heavyweights as well as the lightweights:

60-884  NH Passenger Cars 1935-1968, Lightweights, Baggage and RPO

I "rolled my own" for the diners so that the letterboard font had a little more weight, but this set would work for them as well as the stainless steel cars:

60-207  NH Passenger Cars 1947-1968, Stainless Steel Lightweights
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:50:39 AM by bbussey »
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

OldEastRR

• Crew
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 06:50:32 PM »
We were laughing (rolling our eyes really) at your chicken-little like behavior when your emails to MS emails kept. I hope that you are able to convince to do those PRR decals (using all possible means of communicating with them).  :D

MS said they'd start printing the wide-space PRR decals in dulux yellow -- using the wide-spaced style on their upgraded gold leaf set -- once the "old" sets are gone. Since all they have to do is use an existing screen with a different color, it shouldn't be any extra cost at all.

Bussey: the same style lettering was used on the heavyweights as the streamlined, okay. the 60-207 set has no white lettering, tho.

bbussey

• Crew
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 07:15:48 PM »
I never said it did, only that it could be used for the aluminum diners. The first set has appropriate decals for head-end equipment.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net