Author Topic: Lowering Intermountain 10'-6' IH box cars (e.g. 1944 AAR)  (Read 2651 times)

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +1221
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Lowering Intermountain 10'-6' IH box cars (e.g. 1944 AAR)
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 02:42:07 PM »
Okay, I thanks.  I'll try and remember to ask about etched parts next time I talk to them.  I know that last time I asked, they basically said someone would have to put some in their luggage coming back from China to even have them.  Maybe that's changed.  I think they are doing the Rocky Mountain train show this month.  Not sure if I can make it as it's only one day and even further from the house than the usual location.

I'd be in for a group buy on some good running boards for 40' and 50' box cars if you're ever in a position where you think you have extras.  It doesn't look like Atlas is ever going to get parts for the PS-1, and other manufacturers like Plano are not always well scaled down with either over-sized openings or odd spacings.

I always ask for the leftover parts from production, but I don't always get many.  We'll see if any arrive from the XIH run due in a couple of months.  I don't push that much because they don't charge me for them and they give me latitude in other areas without charging a premium, plus the demand doesn't warrant paying for additional parts to be rendered.  The lone exceptions are the two X58 underframes.  But for every other component, the additional cost can't be justified.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:46:28 PM by bbussey »
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net