Author Topic: Keystone Customs announces Step 4 Packs for Atlas/ConCor/Rivarossi Heavyweights!  (Read 3169 times)

Maletrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +561
Maybe I am wrong, but the True Scale box looks deeper (vertically), than the 1015 box.  So, even if you can screw either box into the same location, it is not clear to me that the clip on these steps is going to work on the True Scale boxes.  I don't think Joe's original post was considering these new steps and their clip mount for the 1015s.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4594
    • Coming (not so) soon...
The simple solution is to ask @Shipsure to answer these questions for us.  Joe: could you answer the above mentioned questions?
. . . 42 . . .

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
Hey, these things are good for Lima/AHM cars too! I bought them for my RR's but tried them on the BM70 kitbash I'm making and they are fine! Have to file down the threshold for the end door to let the end to sit flat but they slip right in. Don't need to remove the floor all the way back to the top step, tho  :facepalm:
Unless you're running the car with the door open, which I guess I will be doing.  :trollface:

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3125
    • Designer at Keystone Details
Hey, these things are good for Lima/AHM cars too! I bought them for my RR's but tried them on the BM70 kitbash I'm making and they are fine! Have to file down the threshold for the end door to let the end to sit flat but they slip right in. Don't need to remove the floor all the way back to the top step, tho  :facepalm:
Unless you're running the car with the door open, which I guess I will be doing.  :trollface:

@OldEastRR , these will make the coupler too low on an MP car.  I have steps for the Lima which will fit the MP cars with the couplers at the correct height.