Author Topic: Good News for Amtrak  (Read 879 times)

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +101
Good News for Amtrak
« on: August 04, 2016, 06:09:08 PM »
I found this today:

http://www.fox8live.com/story/32688478/amtrak-new-locomotives-have-cut-delays-nearly-25-percent

Dee thinks otherwise

Hmm... I'll never ride
on AmtraP...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

nickelplate759

• Crew
  • Respect: +171
Re: Good News for Amtrak
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 07:35:34 PM »
Alas, Amtrak only allows non-human animals of 20 pounds or less, which would be very small indeed for an orangutan.

George
George
(that's my real name)

NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Snark45

• Crew
  • But Dad, don't we EAT the antelopes?
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 11:55:26 AM »
But I thought Dee was Kiz's "service companion"...   [Or is it the other way around??]

No weight limit on those, AFAIK
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 11:58:02 AM by Snark45 »

Kisatchie

• Crew
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 12:47:23 PM »
But I thought Dee was Kiz's "service companion"...   [Or is it the other way around??]

I'm Dee's service companion. I have to keep her supplied with bananas, termites, air conditioning for her tree house, maid service, etc. etc.

Hmm... I'm thinking of
outsourcing Kiz's job
around here...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
"It works! It works!"

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 01:00:24 AM »
I found this today:

http://www.fox8live.com/story/32688478/amtrak-new-locomotives-have-cut-delays-nearly-25-percent

Cut 'locomotive related' delays by 25%.. which is kinda pathetic.. replacing an aged fleet with a new fleet should cut Loco delays by more than that.

At least delays arent increasing..
~Ian

Don't Neglect the Jewel Case!

Kisatchie

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 09:53:45 AM »

Cut 'locomotive related' delays by 25%.. which is kinda pathetic.. replacing an aged fleet with a new fleet should cut Loco delays by more than that.

It depends on how many old locos were replaced. If not a large amount, then the reliability increase percentage would be lower.

Hmm... Kiz always was
good at simple math...

"It works! It works!"

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +1141
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 10:22:15 AM »

It's the Amtrak=NEC point of view warping the perspective. Locomotive-related delays on the long-distance trains are becoming the stuff of legend. The P42's are seriously long-in-tooth.
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents. We just don't tell anybody. -Bob Ross

jmarley76

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
    • WNCRails
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 07:07:04 PM »

The delays were that bad that 25% is a really big number. Bean counters on Capitol Hill love that kind of stuff!

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +672
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 07:18:05 PM »
The delays were that bad that 25% is a really big number. Bean counters on Capitol Hill love that kind of stuff!

But if you do the math, delays dropped from 3.8 per day to 2.8.  I guess that's great but from the outside, it's hard to see that being worth $466 million.

Jason

jmarley76

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
    • WNCRails
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 07:22:24 PM »
Depends, who was on that 1 delayed train?  :trollface: :facepalm: :D