Author Topic: MTL August releases  (Read 2725 times)

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1529
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: MTL August releases
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 11:04:37 AM »
Let's see - undec sw1500 bodies; Flexicoil side frames; undec business cars; and a really neat and weather able per diem box. Nope, nothing catches my eye.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +652
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 04:40:55 PM »
The weathered CP Rail hopper 4 pack anyone?
Peter Pfotenhauer

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 04:47:06 PM »
Looks like it may be an expensive month for yours truly.  Undec horse cars (I will no doubt figure out how to use a couple of those) and 1 each ATSF express boxcars (I know it isn't really an FE 24, but I've been after them to do this scheme since they did the map cars 20 years ago).  I know they aren't really FE-24s, but my recollection is that the major "3 foot" visual difference is the sill, which can be modified with a file if I want to go that far.

I'm going to pass on the ATSF express cars, I have a bunch of the IM cars in the same scheme (with black roof). But the Undec diner looks like a bash opportunity for a UP diner, so I'm ordering one of those...
Otto

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 12:44:19 AM »
I'm not familiar with MBK's MTL schedule -- Microtrains has announced the August issues but when does MBK usually list them?

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 01:42:01 AM »
I'm not familiar with MBK's MTL schedule -- Microtrains has announced the August issues but when does MBK usually list them?

They show up as just another new item on their N-scale page http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/N-Scale-s/3.htm  and the slowly get pushed down when other new produces arrive and get posted.  But on the same page there is also a "Micro-Trains Monthly Releases" sub-category if that is all that you want to look at.

But MBK shows the monthly releases only after they have them in-stock.  That is why I usually look for the new releases on the BLW website - they show them as soon as MTL sends them the info.
. . . 42 . . .

Missaberoad

• Crew
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +982
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 02:02:47 AM »

Typically the second Saturday of the month IIRC...
The Railwire is not your personal army.  :trollface: