Author Topic: Tru-Color Paints  (Read 1031 times)

jdg

• Crew
  • Respect: +10
Tru-Color Paints
« on: July 12, 2016, 08:07:06 PM »
Does anyone know where to obtain the RGB or CMYK codes for Tru-Color paints? I have spoken with them (Tru-Color) directly but for some reason they don't have that information available.  Thanks for any help.

-Jeff

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Tru-Color Paints
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 09:34:42 PM »
With all the different brands of printers and monitors out there, I don't think it is that simple (unless you use calibrated color profiles with your graphic programs).
. . . 42 . . .

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 10:12:45 PM »
There are also gamut issues. Both RGB and CMYK cannot reproduce the full range of colors possible with pigments. We fought this daily (in the printing plant) when designers would specify such-and-such Pantone color from the ink swatchbook, but the job was to be run CMYK and there was no equivalent.

Oranges and browns were especially bad, so life pretty much sucked in the '70s. :trollface:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:18:09 PM by C855B »

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1100
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 10:36:03 AM »
Try this:  http://www.paint4models.com/paintchart/paintconversionchart20100101g.html# 

Joe

Does anyone know where to obtain the RGB or CMYK codes for Tru-Color paints? I have spoken with them (Tru-Color) directly but for some reason they don't have that information available.  Thanks for any help.

-Jeff
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 10:46:51 AM »
There is another site that has the train color conversions, can't locate it right now.

Joe
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 10:50:40 AM »
this site shows the Floquil conversions using other mfgs paint.  It still doesn't get you CmYK or RGB, but it's handy for me since I live in an area that has the most model railroad manufacturing companies in one place but no hobby shop with model railroad paints :)