Author Topic: MTL Gunderson Husky Stack well car  (Read 18290 times)

nscaler711

• Crew
  • @frs_strelizia
  • Respect: +127
    • IG
Re: MTL Gunderson Husky Stack well car
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2016, 12:57:16 AM »
not sure what compels me to participate on this board sometimes.  :facepalm:

That's ok go over and join nSn, they'll love you over there... Hell drop an email and I'll personally send you an invite! :D
Besides what else do you expect from a forum full of  :ashat::trollface:
“If you have anything you wanna say, you better spit it out while you can. Because you’re all going to die sooner or later." - Zero Two

eric220

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Continuing my abomination unto history
  • Respect: +607
    • The Modern PRR
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2016, 01:18:02 AM »
+1

I think the vast majority of us truly appreciate it. You can't please all of the people all of the time.
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4625
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2016, 01:34:59 AM »
+3

I'm not sure but it is not like Jim to post snarky or sarcastic comments.  Especially sine it was a response to Joe's "... we don't have 48's...those will be out soon, so we offer 20', 40', 48' and 53' containers all fitting in the 48' well." comment. I have feeling that was just a humorous comment - he just forgot to add a smiley at the end.  Bu tthen again, we all have our breaking point...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:38:44 AM by peteski »
. . . 42 . . .

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2016, 09:15:50 AM »
+2
really?

I mean, you have to admit that a majority of the time your preaching here is that your customers DON'T care and/or won't notice, no?  (which it why here at Railwire we're all unreasonable, clueless whiners, right?  :) )   I'm not trying to be mean at all, but it seems that is the message you are always conveying.  And that's great...that's how you guys pay the bills...rock on!   8)     My argument has been and probably always will be that MTL doesn't do enough to the tenet of: "if group A doesn't care, why would they care if it was done in such a manner that group B also likes it?"  (and secondarily why the *** aren't there more weathered releases, which I think are awesome.)

As I've said before, coming into a discussion forum--especially one that has traditionally been all about "pushing the envelope" (although less so of late)--and expecting anything less than passionate opinions, "spirited" discussion, and even the occasional smart :ashat: dig would be pretty shortsighted.   I certainly don't think you should take it personally...from all acounts you've got the skins on the wall and a bevy of respect around here.   Almost everyone here knows the struggle you face fighting for improvements there.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

jereising

• Crew
  • Respect: +609
    • The Oakville Sub
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2016, 10:10:31 AM »
What they said... 8) :ashat: :D
Jim Reising
Visit The Oakville Sub - A Different Tehachapi - at:
http://theoakvillesub.itgo.com/
And on Trainboard:
http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?t=99466

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +1243
    • Modutrak
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2016, 11:31:08 AM »
Aren't we all secretly happy that MTL isn't tying up market share for a 53' well?  I think other companies will satisfy the hole in this market segment.

nickelplate759

• Crew
  • Respect: +997
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2016, 12:25:03 PM »
Um - couldn't one put a 48' container in the well with a 53' on top?

George
George
NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1102
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2016, 01:13:09 PM »
correct, that's how they are shipped in these shorter cars.

Joe

Um - couldn't one put a 48' container in the well with a 53' on top?

George
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2016, 01:19:15 PM »
+1
we or you?

Aren't we all secretly happy that MTL isn't tying up market share for a 53' well?  I think other companies will satisfy the hole in this market segment.
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1816
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2016, 01:35:06 PM »
Joe, is there a chance you're producing the All Purpose well car like Con-Cor once offered (shown below), or will it be another Husky Stack, like Athearn makes?  The former will also accommodate trailers.

eric220

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Continuing my abomination unto history
  • Respect: +607
    • The Modern PRR
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2016, 02:21:52 PM »
+2
Aren't we all secretly happy that MTL isn't tying up market share for a 53' well?

No.

Look, I'm not trying to be an MT fanboy here, but didn't we learn anything from the Bachmann K4 fiasco? I for one am happy to get something I want at decent quality no matter who makes it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:25:37 PM by eric220 »
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

ryan_wilkerson

• Crew
  • Respect: +196
    • ShastaRails.com
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2016, 02:37:53 PM »
+1
I'm glad Micro-Trains is ramping up the intermodal releases. If these and other manufacturers's well cars, containers, etc do well, then we're likely to see future releases of additional prototypes (maybe something on your list). I will be getting some of these to replace the versions I have currently because I'm sure they will look better. I'm a fan of the people who make the investment of time, money and resources to bring out N scale products.

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +239
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2016, 03:36:07 PM »
Joe, is there a chance you're producing the All Purpose well car like Con-Cor once offered (shown below), or will it be another Husky Stack, like Athearn makes?  The former will also accommodate trailers.

That was my question too....

nscaler711

• Crew
  • @frs_strelizia
  • Respect: +127
    • IG
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2016, 05:08:29 PM »
Really? Lost 4 points for making a joke... You guys really are a bunch of  :ashat:... Go ahead down vote this too.  :RUEffinKiddingMe:
“If you have anything you wanna say, you better spit it out while you can. Because you’re all going to die sooner or later." - Zero Two

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2016, 06:17:39 PM »
+3
I heard rumors awhile back that another company was doing or getting ready to do a 53' well and given our strength is not modern for any number of reasons, real or imagined, decided to try and make a better version of the 48 Husky Stack.  We run into this often, the 53' containers (different from the Kato by the way)  and a few other cars that may or may not see the light of day from another manufacturer get announced.  I have to think about my product line and what I need to round it out. 

Joe