Author Topic: New N-scale Varnish page... Pullman Parlor Car Recycling  (Read 919 times)

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
New N-scale Varnish page... Pullman Parlor Car Recycling
« on: June 10, 2016, 06:52:38 PM »
+2
http://n-scalevarnish.info/index/varnish/MT%20parlor%20to%20coach.htm

I am pleased to announce that I have written a new article for the N-scale Varnish website about how to model Pullman Plan 3416 cars that were rebuilt as coaches by a variety of roads.  I actually started this page back a couple of years ago but only recently have been able to get it finished.

At the time these cars were being retired by Pullman in 1941 railroads were looking for ways of adding to their coach fleets so as to cover the increased traffic that was being seen because of escalating hostilities at the start of World War II and a number of roads added to their fleets by buying cars such as Plan 2416F and 3416 cars that were converted to coaches.  Included with the roster of these cars are a selection of drawings that show the changes that would need to be made to model one of these cars.

Hopefully some of you at least will find it to be of use.

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
Re: New N-scale Varnish page... Pullman Parlor Car Recycling
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 09:28:02 PM »
Great page for those of us who like to cut and paste passenger cars. 

Thanks Jerry, for all the great work.

Tom D

PS- I think, if you were to publish something about how to make a single window coach out of old Minitrix pseudo P70s, the 1st Law of N scale manufacturing might kick in at MT.
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.