Author Topic: Atlas HO Modern Commuter Trains  (Read 714 times)

conrail1973

• Crew
  • Respect: +77
Atlas HO Modern Commuter Trains
« on: June 03, 2016, 02:15:45 PM »
I saw this posted on their Facebook page today. While they're doing this for HO, I would hope that they can help their N Scale customers with a Comet commuter set! However, I think it's a nice set to add to the commuter market.

Thanks,
Adam

http://www.atlasrr.com/commuter/NJT/index.htm#.V1HIecnEzPY
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:18:42 PM by tom mann »

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
Re: Atlas HO Modern Commuter Trains
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 03:24:54 PM »
I don't know... Atlas hasn't been showing much love to N scale now for a couple of years... a number of new products, especially so locomotives, that were released in HO but never trickled done to N.  Don't get me wrong... I am a fan of Atlas but to be honest I think that they could be doing more.

lock4244

• Crew
  • Ontario - tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax
  • Respect: +66
    • My train pics
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 05:04:47 PM »
I don't know... Atlas hasn't been showing much love to N scale now for a couple of years... a number of new products, especially so locomotives, that were released in HO but never trickled done to N.  Don't get me wrong... I am a fan of Atlas but to be honest I think that they could be doing more.

This.
Welcome to Ontario... we've got a tax for that.
My train pics:
http://tinyurl.com/62uk24
More here:
http://www.railpictures.ca/author/lock4244

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +257
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 10:07:06 PM »
WHY?   :?

Did they cut the travel budget for the R&D Department?  :trollface:

Sorry.. couldn't resist.. ~Ian
Don't Neglect the Jewel Case!

crrcoal

• Crew
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 09:05:14 AM »
Not bashing Atlas but I don't get their rhyme or reason on some of the stuff they come with. I would love to be a fly on the wall in their meetings sometime. While the new commuter set is kinda cool, I see it as a small market. For example why not make a GP38 with a built out windshield? They could do that in multiple road names like PRSL, PC, CR black and blue, BAR, Iowa Interstate, North Louisiana & Gulf, and SMS lines. Or how about an SW 1001?  They would hit a grand slam if they did, cover multiple eras and as such a much larger market. In both HO and N.

Missaberoad

• Crew
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 11:58:42 AM »
People line up to buy short passenger trains even if they don't match their era/roadname. Just ask Kato. :)

I think the S2 is part of the reason Atlas has been quiet in N as of late. (although with all the freight car releases I would argue otherwise)
Packing sound into something so small is a pretty big leap forward and probably took alot of resources.

Also I would say the BLMA purchase shows Atlas is still committed to N.

Just my 4ยข :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 12:06:54 PM by Missaberoad »
Ryan in Alberta