Author Topic: CSX unit train through Charlotte to Wilmington(I guess). What is it?  (Read 988 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Specter3

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 929
  • Respect: +229
Have seen this guy a couple times headed east now. Gons with plastic covers. Wonder what it is. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5867
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4864
Re: CSX unit train through Charlotte to Wilmington(I guess). What is it?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 09:43:32 PM »
0
I will go with contaminated soil

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: CSX unit train through Charlotte to Wilmington(I guess). What is it?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »
0
Can't see the whole car, but if the cars are placarded it'd be a good indication that it is contaminated soil. Otherwise, ore concentrates move in covered gons to smelters.

RockGp40

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1067
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +344
0
Coal ash, courtesy of the Duke Energy plants. Expect to see more of them.
No farms, no food. Support your local farmer's market!

I stand with Israel.

Specter3

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 929
  • Respect: +229
+1
Once he said coal ash I looked it up and sure enough on Dukes site there is some video with these exact cars being loaded and unloaded with coal ash. They are being taken to two former clay mines that have been lined. The ash will be the fill material in reclaiming the mine site.