Author Topic: Peabody Coal  (Read 1546 times)

MVW

• Crew
  • Respect: +177
Re: Peabody Coal
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 04:27:37 PM »
As much as I enjoy political debates, I'm glad this is a relatively safe haven, in that regard. I'd rather talk trains here. I can bitch about the other stuff elsewhere :D

I debated with myself before making the previous post, nearly scrubbed it, but went ahead because it didn't seem particularly partisan. At the same time, I completely understand the desire to keep discussions focused on the one thing we all have in common. (Like an appreciation for Rapido's meat reefers.  :trollface:)

Jim

Robbman

• Crew
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 08:58:19 PM »
Some days I wish we could talk politics here. Hey maybe we COULD find the solution!

There is only one solution... drink beer, watch trains, have fun with friends.

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +1145
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents. We just don't tell anybody. -Bob Ross

Blazeman

• Crew
  • Respect: +55
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 09:06:57 AM »
In that line of thought:

BTU’s mines are all in the western U.S., UP is the rail with the most direct exposure. Estimate BTU accounted for about 38% of UP’s coal vols in 2015. But note that rail coal contracts are with utilities and not coal producers. This limits risk for UP .

And a notable threshold/trend:

. For the 1st time, CSX reported more intermodal than coal rev. Coal projected to account for 14% of total rev. this year and intermodal to account for 16%. Just 5 years ago, coal accounted for 32% of total rev. and intermodal 12%.  Coal still more profitable

oakcreekco

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 01:57:59 PM »
A "western modeler" that also runs NS.