Author Topic: "A Year On the Lycoming Valley"  (Read 531 times)

conrail1973

• Crew
  • Respect: +77
"A Year On the Lycoming Valley"
« on: April 13, 2016, 07:05:08 PM »
Good Evening,

If you are a fan and/or modeler of modern short line railroading, I would check out "A Year On the Lycoming Valley" by Mike Zollitsch.  I've been eyeballing this one for awhile, and I finally found a copy of it used.  This book is awesome because it really shows what had gone on for over a year on the Lycoming Valley.  The author is a railroader, and the pictures give an interesting perspective of some of the many yard and turn jobs.  Some of the shots of the industrial trackage have given me some ideas of what to do down the line with my layout.  If you search for the title online, there is an interview of the author that talks about the book.

Thanks,
Adam

Blazeman

• Crew
  • Respect: +54
Re: "A Year On the Lycoming Valley"
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:13:16 AM »
Had interaction with Rick Robey, their former president years back. Very much a 24/7 RR man who was having the time of his life doing what he was doing. His successor, Gary Shields, formerly out of Lukens Steel and Brandywine Valley RR (Lukens Steel carrier) just as committed and having just as much fun.

That love of the job is passed along to the employees of the various units that compose the cluster of lines (North Shore, Lycoming Valley, Nittany Bald Eagle).

Agree, would be a fun operation to model for present day era.