Author Topic: New Operations Videos - The C&W's Kraft Switcher  (Read 488 times)

mark dance

• Crew
  • Respect: +932
    • The N Scale Columbia and Western
New Operations Videos - The C&W's Kraft Switcher
« on: April 11, 2016, 12:05:58 PM »
+1
Greetings all...

With the completion of the Castlegar station and freight house I have been working on the final major undocumented job on the Columbia & Western - The Kraft Switcher.

This job is by far the most complex on the layout (a "double black diamond" rating!) and often takes the full 3.5 hours to run.  It is complicated because of the large number of cars that have to be switched out (more than 60 to 18+ switching locations) in addition to how busy Castlegar Junction can be during a session.

I have been working away on these videos, and have the raw material edited now, but have not yet had time to add the explanatory captions, narration and charts.  Today I am heading 3500 km North to install Brian Pate's Klondike mines Rwy into a museum in Dawson City, Yukon Territory (where it will be seen by between 35 and 40 thousand people a season!) and so I decide to post the videos to the C&W Youtube page as I am uncertain as to exactly when I will have time to finish them.

For those of you who enjoy switching and/or operations I hope you enjoy these videos. 

Not a valid youtube URL />
thx!

md
Youtube Videos of the N Scale Columbia & Western at: markdance63
Photos and track plan of of the N Scale Columbia & Western at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27907618@N02/sets/72157624106602402/

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +636
Re: New Operations Videos - The C&W's Kraft Switcher
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
The Kraft job is still on my bucket list.  ;)

Best wishes on the trip north.  Another great story in the making!