Author Topic: Walthers Stand Alone 48' Well Car  (Read 900 times)

conrail1973

• Crew
  • Respect: +104
Walthers Stand Alone 48' Well Car
« on: April 23, 2016, 08:50:38 PM »
Good evening,

I was just browsing the Walthers website when I came across this tonight...

http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?category=Freight&scale=N&manu=walthers&item=&keywords=&words=restrict&instock=Q&split=300&Submit=Search

Does this indicate that Walthers might be reissuing or designing new freight cars for the N Scale market?

Thanks,
Adam

RSWController

• Crew
  • Respect: +39
Re: Walthers Stand Alone 48' Well Car
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 09:18:50 PM »
Yes it looks like new roadnames after almost 20 years?!? I remember buying the original release for $34.98 at the Terminal Hobby Shop on 60th street in Milwaukee. Sometimes you could get them on sale for $27.98. Not sure if I'm happy about these being released or bummed how old I'm getting  :| :|. I would love to see new roadnames on the containers. Maybe that is a sign that they haven't given up on that idea.

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +416
Re: Walthers Stand Alone 48' Well Car
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 10:55:31 PM »
I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure with the exception of the TTX 'Old Scheme' (which used to be the new scheme  :facepalm: ), these are all foobs to one degree or another.  They are also ridiculously overpriced for not being touted as having any updated features (e.g. etched metal walkways). 

Yes it looks like new roadnames after almost 20 years?!? I remember buying the original release for $34.98 at the Terminal Hobby Shop on 60th street in Milwaukee. Sometimes you could get them on sale for $27.98. Not sure if I'm happy about these being released or bummed how old I'm getting  :| :|.

My feelings are very similar.

I would love to see new roadnames on the containers. Maybe that is a sign that they haven't given up on that idea.

Seriously, that would be much more worthwhile.