Author Topic: Free scratch built houses  (Read 1591 times)

Pharian

• Respect: +2
Free scratch built houses
« on: February 01, 2017, 02:44:31 AM »
+2
Hi all,

I've been using Gary60's excellent n-scale scratch building templates to make some houses for my little layout. It's very small and some of the houses I built won't fit on the layout, so I wondered if anyone wanted them? Would be a shame to chuck them out.

There are 2 houses and 1 shop. The houses are quite well done, the shop less so (it was the second thing I ever built).

If anyone wants them you're welcome to them. They were made from styrene, painted with spray cans, and have high quality roofing and windows (which cost a fortune, very sad they won't be used). The blue house has an LED light inside, the other 2 don't.

If you want them then just pay postage. Should fit in a box to most of Oz for $10.50 or maybe $15 to Perth, something like that. Or you can pickup from northern beaches Sydney if you're local.

Cheers

Chris

Also included a pic of the layout (so far anyway) so you can see that there is no way these other houses will fit!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 03:04:32 AM by Pharian »

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2896
Re: Free scratch built houses
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 04:57:45 PM »
+1
Nice work

gary60s

• Crew
  • Charter member of CAMRRA
  • Respect: +74
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 06:34:37 PM »
+1
Great job Chris! Glad I was able to help with your modeling.
Gary

Pharian

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 02:14:26 AM »
Your plans have been a huge help Gary60s. I made loads of them. Then when I got a bit better I used the templates as starting points on making my own buildings. The layout is still very much a work in progress but a lot of your buildings are in place and partially finished. Here are some pics:

Pharian

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 03:05:13 AM »
Here are some other pics of Gary60s plans. Also some others that I made up myself. The big house / hotel thing is based on my brother in law's parents house in Tasmania! A couple of pics have the lights on, though the camera flash means you can't see them well in these pics unfortunately. There are a LOT of lights though. The nightclub section is still in planning stages, though the entire town seems to be out tonight, haha (got a bit carried away with little people).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 03:07:54 AM by Pharian »

Pharian

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 03:13:37 AM »
Here's a few pics showing how it lives in the bottom of my work desk. Clearance is the big issue, obviously. Rail runs long enough to go up to a second level were also pretty tight, but they just fit. :)

Pharian

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 08:48:10 PM »
So I take it nobody wants these houses? Cool, I'll chuck them. Chin chin!

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2896
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 09:12:07 PM »
How much to ship to the US.  I'm interested

Pharian

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 04:42:38 AM »
Oh yeah, I didn't consider that. I'm in Sydney Australia so post to the USA might be a bit. I'm going on holiday tomorrow for a week but I'll find out how much to post when I get back.

Cheers,

Chris

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 06:04:24 AM »
Going from US to Australia, 12 oz package going USPS first class international is around $23 or so.  Not sure if it changes from there to here, but a starting point at least