Author Topic: Kato announces a bunch of Amfleet I Phase I cars, July delivery  (Read 3537 times)

sundowner

• Crew
  • Respect: +103
Re: Kato announces a bunch of Amfleet I Phase I cars, July delivery
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2016, 09:55:32 PM »
I'm more intrigued with why two Cafe cars???

Looks like they are using the same packaging as the first run of cars but without the ACS64.
I am more curious as to why Kato only did one café and one coach for the first release of Amfleet II on ph IV with two Viewliners and then after two complete ph IVb trainsets with get three coaches and a café in ph III. I do run the ph III and ph IV together for that cool late 90's early 2000's transition period look. I do dig all the ph I goodness though , hopefully another ph I set with heritage  diner and sleeper to model east coast Silver trains.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 10:09:35 PM by sundowner »
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

mcjaco

• Crew
  • Respect: +105
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2016, 11:26:53 AM »

Looks like they are using the same packaging as the first run of cars but without the ACS64.
I am more curious as to why Kato only did one café and one coach for the first release of Amfleet II on ph IV with two Viewliners and then after two complete ph IVb trainsets with get three coaches and a café in ph III. I do run the ph III and ph IV together for that cool late 90's early 2000's transition period look. I do dig all the ph I goodness though , hopefully another ph I set with heritage  diner and sleeper to model east coast Silver trains.

We're discussing this:

~ Matt

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4623
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2016, 11:59:09 AM »
We're discussing this:

That's what I thought and was also confused by the other post.  Hey, I have an idea:  Maybe the single arrow scheme was Phase 1.5?  :)
. . . 42 . . .

mcjaco

• Crew
  • Respect: +105
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2016, 12:25:08 PM »
Phase 1b.

:trollface:
~ Matt

sundowner

• Crew
  • Respect: +103
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2016, 03:25:24 PM »
We're discussing this:

So you ask why they announced why Kato announce seven coaches and two café cars and I answer that Kato is using the same packages as the ACS64/Amfleet I trainset run.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4249
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2016, 04:36:41 PM »
Aren't the second and fifth cars in this consist café cars?
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4623
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2016, 04:39:46 PM »
Aren't the second and fifth cars in this consist café cars?

Affirmative!  :D
. . . 42 . . .

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2016, 03:03:52 AM »
I'm more intrigued with why two Cafe cars???

Something that folks seem to be missing is that the type of car we commonly refer to as Amcafe's were configured three different ways... full food service (a.k.a. cafe or dining car), cafe - lounge (half-n-half) or club - lounge configurations (the latter mostly on the Northeast Corridor in Metroliner service) with more than one being used on some trains for this very purpose.  Most trains didn't warrant having two cars in the consist while some others did, like the image below...

Hard to say without knowing the cars' numbers which was being used for what but the three configurations have been exhaustively used all though their existence though I suspect lesser so in more recent years than in the past... the whole scope of accommodations has been taken to task of late so Amtrak has had to push hard to "make sense" with all the cars they have and more specialized isn't the direction things are going in like with some of the Superliner dining cars that have been converted to cafe - lounge cars called Cross Country Cafe cars.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 03:14:35 AM by jmlaboda »

nickelplate759

• Crew
  • Respect: +995
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2016, 09:19:10 AM »
Good point about the 3 different configurations.   As I recall, the differences were all inside - don't suppose Kato is doing 3 different interiors.

George
George
NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.