Author Topic: Question about Miniatures by Eric  (Read 1018 times)

Dave Schneider

• Crew
  • Respect: +50
Question about Miniatures by Eric
« on: November 02, 2016, 01:36:50 PM »
+1
Hello all,

I was wondering whether anyone had information about Miniatures by Eric, and whether he is still producing and selling parts. I placed an order on their website last week and haven't heard back regarding payment. I also sent an email inquiry. I am not trying to criticize him. Just wondering if this is normal. Alternatively, can anyone recommend a hobby shop that sells his parts? I am looking for part NE8, Milwaukee Road GP spark arresters. Thanks.

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
Re: Question about Miniatures by Eric
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 01:57:39 PM »
As far as I know, he is still active.  I checked with Central Hobbies in Vancouver, BC and they are out of stock.

Good to see you may have caught the bug again!?  I miss seeing your work.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

dmidkiff

• Crew
  • Respect: +125
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 01:58:56 PM »
Hi Dave,

I placed a large order (nearly 100 parts!) at the beginning of September and paid with PayPal which went through right away and I had a receipt.  It took about 2 weeks for the parts to end up in my mail box, but everything was there and correct.  I didn't have any correspondence with him either.

Central Hobbies appears to stock his parts, but unfortunately, NE8 is out of stock.  Looks like wazzou posted as I was typing...

Hope this helps.

Doug

Dave Schneider

• Crew
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 03:17:43 PM »
+1
Thanks Doug. If you recall, did you just send him the money via PayPal to his email address? I thought I might get an invoice or some kind of instructions on how to pay.

Thanks for the kind words Bryan. I am trying to get back in the saddle after a couple years of attending to other life issues. Some of them challenging, others of them more enjoyable like camping with the family and traveling around Alaska. Or work taking me to other countries. I have the workshop and layout cleaned up and working on some new projects. So all is good.

For those of you on Facebook, I have started a Milwaukee Road Beer Line group where I am trying to organize and post the research I have done over the years. It might be visible to those people who don't have a Facebook account. I'm not sure about that. Here is a link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/293177211064170/  Happy to add people to the group.

Moving forward, I will try to update by Layout Engineering report. It's been a couple of years. Here is that tread for those who are interested. https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=24044.0

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

dmidkiff

• Crew
  • Respect: +125
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 04:59:28 PM »
Dave,

I used the PayPal checkout icon in the shopping cart, the receipt shows it went to his Yahoo e-mail.  It just occurred to me that I remember he had two websites for his parts when I was browsing.  I used his Shopify website with no issues.  I'm not sure if his .com website still works for orders....

Doug

Dave Schneider

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 06:12:37 PM »
Dave,

I used the PayPal checkout icon in the shopping cart, the receipt shows it went to his Yahoo e-mail.  It just occurred to me that I remember he had two websites for his parts when I was browsing.  I used his Shopify website with no issues.  I'm not sure if his .com website still works for orders....

Doug

Ahhh...thanks. I ordered through his .com site. Just found the other one at http://miniatures-by-eric.myshopify.com/
I will give that a try.

Best wishes, Dave

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 06:34:46 PM »
That's silly - having 2 active ordering websites with only one actually working.  :|
. . . 42 . . .