Author Topic: Trainworx Bull Haulers  (Read 6389 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Trainworx Bull Haulers
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 03:25:31 PM »
+1
Wow, Trainworx is already sold out!

This is what happens when an American model company figures out how to make a great (even revolutionary) N scale model. Even with fairly steep pricing, they are an instant sellout.  Too bad that other American model companies (such as Classic Metal Works) can't figure out how to make similar quality models.  They would sell like the proverbial hotcakes too.
. . . 42 . . .

Glenn Poole

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 05:31:17 PM »
This is what happens when an American model company figures out how to make a great (even revolutionary) N scale model. Even with fairly steep pricing, they are an instant sellout.  Too bad that other American model companies (such as Classic Metal Works) can't figure out how to make similar quality models.  They would sell like the proverbial hotcakes too.

Another good example is Busch.  I buy lots of their automobiles and they are not cheep, but they are very nice models.  Their models are foreign models but also models that are imported to the U.S. and they sell out immediately at the internet stores.

Glenn
Glenn

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 05:43:02 PM »
+1
Another good example is Busch.  I buy lots of their automobiles and they are not cheep, but they are very nice models.  Their models are foreign models but also models that are imported to the U.S. and they sell out immediately at the internet stores.

Glenn

Yeah.  Busch, Wiking, Herpa make excellent N scale vehicles. Even the early Wiking models with a solid slab of clear for windows and unpainted tires and bumpers had good overall proportions, thin bodies, and very fine engraving - with a quick paint touch-up they became excellent models.

But not all German manufactured models are of fine quality. Many of the Lemke's Minis' aren't nearly as well made as the others: the paint jobs are rather thick, and the parts don't fit very well. They also have some proportion problems.  But they seem to be just as expensive as the better made models.
. . . 42 . . .

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +652
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 10:35:34 PM »
Trainworx is rocking it these days. One of my top 3 current n scale companies, and I don't even buy much of their stuff because it's 70s era. Complete opposite though of the rerun old items in new scheme or add new building kits that reuse old tooling with a few new pieces approach of Walthers.

If they make it, it will sell. And not just in Iowa.
Peter Pfotenhauer

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 10:57:51 PM »
I put an order in for one tonight after a friend of mine didn't order one when they were announced.  He is in the cattle business and has a few different size models of cattle trucks.  When they were announced, I gave him information on where to order them, but I guess life got in the way and he never got around to it.  We'll see what the mail brings next week, and if one does show up, hopefully it gets to my friend, and not at a farm along my Hanover Subdivision.  Those trucks are HOT !!!   

Can't wait for the UPS tractors to show up that I did pre-order.

sundowner

• Crew
  • Respect: +103
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 11:07:43 PM »
Kleins is almost sold out, glad I order when I saw the put up on there site.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1249
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2016, 07:54:44 AM »
My samples came yesterday. I really have no use for them, as the cattle trailers are never seen in eastern Mass, but why not? The trucks are stunning as always.

I wonder if they will use that drop frame for anything else? It could be used under a furniture/exhibition box for example.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +652
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2016, 10:57:11 AM »
My samples came yesterday. I really have no use for them, as the cattle trailers are never seen in eastern Mass, but why not? The trucks are stunning as always.

I wonder if they will use that drop frame for anything else? It could be used under a furniture/exhibition box for example.

I'm sure if you eBay the trailers alone, they will fetch more than the trailer and truck cost you.
Peter Pfotenhauer

Englewood

• Crew
  • Respect: +260
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2016, 03:09:49 PM »
One of the online dealers had about 200 in stock a few days ago, and now they're down to 13. I preordered a couple from my local store and picked them up last week. Worth every penny!

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +416
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2016, 06:50:53 PM »
Kleins is almost sold out, glad I order when I saw the put up on there site.

They raised the price, too.  My hesitation cost me 5 bucks.   :facepalm: :RUEffinKiddingMe:

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +831
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2016, 09:44:00 PM »
Me too! I thought I remembered the original price wrong or something.

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2016, 10:21:57 PM »
As of 10:20pm Sunday night, MBK has 2 White/blue tractor left.  BLW never even go to post that they had them in stock.  Go to the page, items still show as reserve and all are SOLD OUT !   :o

Handful are up on the bay, BIN for $38 and change, 4 or 5 auctions with 2-5 sets in each, starting at $77 for 2 up to $194 for 5 of them.  No bids on any auctions yet.

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2016, 12:02:17 AM »
Hopefully TWX will re-run them soon.  There is no need to artificially inflate the price when obviously more modelers are willing to buy them.  This is not like the unannounced movie-theme trucks (made in very small quantity) which became instant collectibles.
. . . 42 . . .

cfritschle

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
    • N Scale Vehicle Association
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2016, 11:00:09 PM »
Hopefully TWX will re-run them soon.  There is no need to artificially inflate the price when obviously more modelers are willing to buy them.  This is not like the unannounced movie-theme trucks (made in very small quantity) which became instant collectibles.

Peter,

Trainworx will continue to release trucks, trailers and tractor/trailer sets for years to come.  However, I would be surprised to see the same combo of tractors and trailers released again any time soon.  For example, the next release of the cattle trailer could have any number of different tractors, but the Kenworth T800 seems like a logical choice. 

Pat has displayed the pre-production samples of 8 different prototype truck models, plus several of these have multiple sleeper possibilities.  I can't remember the exact number, but it was something like 180 different parts were tooled!

Carter
Carter

N Scale Vehicle Association
"For the modeler and collector of 1:160 scale model vehicles and equipment"
http://nscalevehicles.org/

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2016, 12:51:27 AM »
Peter,

Trainworx will continue to release trucks, trailers and tractor/trailer sets for years to come.  However, I would be surprised to see the same combo of tractors and trailers released again any time soon.  For example, the next release of the cattle trailer could have any number of different tractors, but the Kenworth T800 seems like a logical choice. 

Pat has displayed the pre-production samples of 8 different prototype truck models, plus several of these have multiple sleeper possibilities.  I can't remember the exact number, but it was something like 180 different parts were tooled!

Carter

That's fine.  As long as there is a chance that the cattle trailer and one of the tractors will be released in the future.   It shouldn't matter which tractor is mated it to the trailer.  Well, unless you are a rabid collector of N scale trucks, and you just have to have some previously-released specific combination and specific paint job.  :)  They you should expect to pay through your teeth.  :D
. . . 42 . . .