Author Topic: New Model Railroad Company coming.  (Read 19688 times)

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +328
Re: New Model Railroad Company coming.
« Reply #210 on: February 04, 2016, 09:38:29 PM »
On the ESU web site they are demoing the HO UP Turbine:

What I want to know is how it tells when it's running over a switch frog?

The other nice thing is at least ESU makes available the sounds from OEM products so this could be loaded into a LokSound Select Micro in an N scale turbine.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #211 on: February 04, 2016, 09:46:37 PM »
On the ESU web site they are demoing the HO UP Turbine:

I saw these up close at Springfield - they are amazing models!
. . . 42 . . .

SkipGear

• Crew
  • Respect: +629
« Reply #212 on: February 05, 2016, 01:07:43 AM »
The only way I can figure is going over un-powered frogs there would be a slight voltage drop for that truck. That would mean each truck has its own unique input into the decoder. I can't see it being sensitive enough without doing it that way. I'm amazed at all the lighting functions.
Tony Hines

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #213 on: February 05, 2016, 03:26:29 AM »
The only way I can figure is going over un-powered frogs there would be a slight voltage drop for that truck.

Hmmm... I don't know about this.  first of all, the frogs look to be metal (so they are most likely powered). Also, if you pay attention when the loco is backing up through the switch, the thumping and squealing begins as soon as the rear truck runs over the points (way before the frog).

The whole thumping and squealing over the turnout seems way overdone.  Too many squeals and the seem way too loud  (I know, the volume can most likely be turned down).  But is still is a very impressive model.  My favorite are the cycling class lights.
. . . 42 . . .

draskouasshat

• Crew
  • Respect: +641
« Reply #214 on: February 05, 2016, 08:27:40 AM »
Yes we've had a few models come out for the transition era crowd but what I'm getting at is, like mentioned before, manufacturers produce old stuff for ho but only do modern for n. I see the modern crap everyday, hell I'm sitting at west eola as I type this waiting for the metra trains to get by so we can start cutting over the new signal system. We are stereotyped as all being 80-now modelers. Little do they know that if they produce the models, you could introduce more people to the older eras.

We're not starting a fire storm by any means. It's not like we're whining about wanting a k4 on every single thread that has any relation to steam or a new product right?
Draskos Modelworks. Contact me for your 3D modeling needs!
SFM (Super Fleet Modeler) member #1
I HAVE 3800 class santa fe 2-10-2s!!

prbharris

• Crew
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2016, 03:48:12 PM »
a nice 53', or even 48' chassis would be nice for my modern intermodal train. ....  Guess we will just have to wait.

No real need ... the 53' containers fit onto the N Scale Kits 53' chassis - and we have a 48' too. We have sold a number in the past few days - I had not realized this new source of 53' boxes.

Peter

Peter Harris
N Scale Kits
www.nscalekits.com