Author Topic: Even more Bowser GLa hoppers coming  (Read 2947 times)

chicken45

• Crew
  • Will rim for upvotes.
  • Respect: +1013
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Even more Bowser GLa hoppers coming
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 07:26:23 PM »
Well, looking through the latest Keystone Modeler, http://www.prrths.com/Keystone%20Modeler/Keystone_Modeler_PDFs/TKM%20No.%2090%20-%20Autumn%202014.pdf, I noticed Bowser is doing an N8... however, it's an HO offering.  :facepalm: If they do one in HO, surely they could be convinced to do an N version. Any body else what some?

It's best not to even look at the HO stuff. It'll leave you hollow and depressed.
They got the T and both Qs.
Josh Surkosky

Here's a Clerihew about Ed. K.

Ed Kapucinski
Every night, he plants a new tree.
But mention his law
and you've pulled your last straw!

Alternate version:
Ed Kapucinski
Every night, he plants a new tree.
He asks excitedly "Did you say Ménage à Trois?"
No, I said "Ed's Law."

pjm20

• Crew
  • Modeling the Bellefonte Central
  • Respect: +142
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 07:58:53 PM »
I'd get an N8 or two, even though it is out of my era, just because its Pennsy.  :D
Peter
Modeling the Bellefonte Central Railroad circa 1953
PRRT&HS #8862
Live Steam Enthusiast

Check out my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PennsyModeler

muktown128

• Crew
  • Respect: +99
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 09:49:55 AM »
I would buy at least 2 or 3 N8's if Bowser offered them.

Scott

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2015, 10:23:20 AM »
I'd get an N8 or two, even though it is out of my era, just because its Pennsy.  :D

Same here.  On their Facebook page someone asked about N scale in a comment to the HO posting and Bowser said maybe, but not for a while.  I guess we should just keep bugging Mr. (Lee) English.

On a side note, in the Yahoo ALCo-Baldwin-FM Modeler group, Mr. English asked for help with info on an HO ALCo C-415.  When someone there mentioned an N scale version, Mr. English replied "Sorry, I do not have any plans to make N locos".  So I guess no N scale ALCo or MLW's from Bowser.    :|
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

muktown128

• Crew
  • Respect: +99
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2015, 03:25:59 PM »
On a side note, in the Yahoo ALCo-Baldwin-FM Modeler group, Mr. English asked for help with info on an HO ALCo C-415.  When someone there mentioned an N scale version, Mr. English replied "Sorry, I do not have any plans to make N locos".  So I guess no N scale ALCo or MLW's from Bowser.    :|

John, 

The Bowser rep I spoke with at Trainfest in Milwaukee said the same thing, that Bowser won't be making N scale locos.

Scott

reinhardtjh

• Crew
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 11:26:18 PM »

Just as a heads up, I asked on the Bowser Facebook page about these and the H21a hoppers and they said they are on the water so should be available sometime soon.  They didn't say how long they had been on the water so it still may be some weeks yet.

John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

reinhardtjh

• Crew
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 09:21:00 AM »
Just as a heads up, I asked on the Bowser Facebook page about these and the H21a hoppers and they said they are on the water so should be available sometime soon.  They didn't say how long they had been on the water so it still may be some weeks yet.

I never updated it, but when Bowser replied to me back in August, they were talking about the HO hoppers.  Well, "Summer 2015" is finally here (Hear that BLI?)!  Just last week (Dec 13th) they announced on their FaceBook page that the N scale GLa and H21 hoppers are due in around January 15th or so.

Check your preorders to make sure you're not surprised. ;)

Bowser ad --> http://www.bowser-trains.com/new/nscalegla.html

Still says roller bearing and they never did address that question that I asked on Facebook.  However, all their ad copy shows friction and they do have some experience in these hoppers, so I really hope it's just a mistake.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:31:52 AM by reinhardtjh »
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

reinhardtjh

• Crew
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2016, 11:20:16 AM »
The Bowser GLa's are in:

MBK --> http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/N-Scale-2-Bay-Open-Hopper-Cars-s/1789.htm?searching=Y&sort=3&cat=1789&brand=Bowser&show=300&page=1

I assume BLW has them as well but I have not received any shipping notice yet.

MBK is using old photos (car #'s don't match the description) which show friction bearing trucks.  Hopefully the actual models are the same.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566