Author Topic: CP Flog Subdivision  (Read 12892 times)

Jeff AKA St0rm

• Crew
  • Respect: +47
Re: CP Flog Subdivision
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2015, 12:10:51 AM »
Another day another update. I have been laying track and working on getting everything running well. So far so good with the track i have had very little problems with the new Atlas code 55 flex or #5 and #7 turnouts.

Started the Industry yard.

This is the other side of there peninsula where the industry yead lead ties into the main line.

And the start of the intermodal yard.

More can be found on my blog at http://jeffscpline.blogspot.ca/

Jeff AKA St0rm

• Crew
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2015, 03:26:18 PM »
+1
WOW long time with no updates, Well here is an update. With a long and busy golf season this year and a new baby in August there was Little time to work on the layout. What time i did get i found myself just running trains and getting very little work done.

I have the layout of the intermodal yard set out. The first 2 tracks of the yard are the A/D tracks and hold a full 10' train. the 3rd track in not glued down yet and is the first of the unloading tracks and will hold a full 10' train. The next 2 tracks that are not installed yet will be closer to the front of the layout and with each hold half (5') of a full train.

Here we have the Yard. 6" from the back drop there will be a small 6" tall removable back drop that slips into the cut in the plywood, to hide the 8 track staging yard. Then we have the 2 main lines and 4 A/D tracks. The next track in not glued in and is the first of 6 classification tracks. There will be another 4 tracks for the second staging yard in the space to the bottom right of the photo.

Here is a better look at the 4 track staging yard and the slit that the small back drop will slide into. The staging yard will have block detection so you know what tracks are in use and which are open. The small back drop is removable so if a train derails it will be easier to get back on the track.

A view from the other end of the yard.

I picked up some Tomex building from Plaza Japan. Great buildings for the price. They need some paint and detailing but they only cost $70 including shipping and Canadian Dollar exchange.

Track layout idea for the grain elevator. 2 tracks for empties and 1 track for loading/unloading.

Had a first time visitor to the layout. My daughter Liliana will be 4 months old on the 17th. They say you can never start them to young.

Thanks for looking and hope to get a little more work done this winter.

dnhouston

• Crew
  • Respect: +665
    • Dusty Junction & Northwestern
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2015, 04:23:16 PM »
With that green chair, Liliana does a nice stand-in as a mountain  :D  :facepalm:

Great work Jeff, you've made a lot of progress!