Author Topic: New Model from Intermountain  (Read 5805 times)

Rossford Yard

• Crew
  • Respect: +145
Re: New Model from Intermountain
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2017, 09:36:23 AM »
+1
My concern is having a  bunch of things randomly arrive the same month and then explain a $500 BLW charge on the "house" credit card...

More often than not, with these lengthy delays, my saved credit card has either been replaced for security reasons, or expired and replaced.  The shop has to call for the new info to make the purchase, which might give me an out on the less desired stuff.

Sometimes, the shop just doesn't call, in case of hot sellers they can get rid of more quickly to someone with an updated card. 

Also leaves me somewhat disgruntled.  However, despite claims by others that stuff is impossible to find without a pre-reserved status, I have always found some of what I want, perhaps even saving myself from excess of the original order!

However, these kind of "sell to others" moments are greatly reduced since the 2000 and 2006 recessions.  I recall pre-ordering from my LHS many Kato locos and they often claimed they were "shorted".

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2017, 11:37:59 AM »
+1
I totally agree - I've never really missed out unless I got lazy....

As far as IMRC, I don't like to complain - as I am thankful for their models.  I just don't get announcing a bazillion ex LBF coal porters when they hold the tooling for the 60' TBOX cars.

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2017, 02:27:53 PM »
As far as IMRC, I don't like to complain - as I am thankful for their models.  I just don't get announcing a bazillion ex LBF coal porters when they hold the tooling for the 60' TBOX cars.

Amen on both counts.

GaryHinshaw:  They ran ONE ad a few years ago for the early 4650 3 bay Center Flow, with the horizontal rib.  I've never seen another ad, or any of the cars.  I would have bought at least a dozen of those, as the GN, NP, and BN used them in grain service.

@nkalanaga, was this in response to something I said?  If so, I regret that I don't recall the context.

Missaberoad

• Crew
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +989
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2017, 02:45:49 PM »
In their defense I can't think of an Intermountain model (not counting paint schemes) that was announced and never delivered... The SD45-2 took 8+ years the 60' flat took just about as long, but they eventually do come good...
The Railwire is not your personal army.  :trollface: