Author Topic: Plano, TX (Dallas/Fort Worth) Train Show Coming Up  (Read 1312 times)

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Plano, TX (Dallas/Fort Worth) Train Show Coming Up
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:58:16 PM »
+1
(Not sure exactly where to put this, but since the local news PR was shockingly about N, I figure I'll start it here.)

The Dallas Area Train Show is being held at the Plano Centre on January 16-17th, 2016. Hours 10am-5pm Saturday, 10am-4pm Sunday. 2000 East Spring Creek Parkway Plano TX. Go East from Central Expressway (Exit 31).

Admission $8.00 per person Children 12 and under are FREE.

Here is a great piece that ran on the local ABC affiliate Channel 8:

Here is the website for the Plano show: http://dfwtrainshows.com/content/dallas-area-train-show-january-16-17-2016
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 09:15:35 PM by GaryHinshaw »
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

Albert in N

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
Re: Plano, TX (Dallas/Fort Worth) Train Show Coming Up
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 09:02:23 PM »
Is there a parking fee? 

powersteamguy1790

• Crew
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 09:10:11 PM »
There is no parking fee to attend the Plano show.

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 10:13:34 PM »
Hey Bob, it's been too long.   Hope all is well...your layout gonna be on tour?   :)   I would love to come see it again sometime.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

flight2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +204
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 07:28:09 PM »
Whoa, I recognize that FWWR engine.  Just shipped it back to the owner who happens to be in that video.  :)

Thanks for posting.  Wish I could make it to the show, but it's a little too far from Reno. 

Cheers,
Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742

powersteamguy1790

• Crew
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 09:06:26 PM »
Hey Bob, it's been too long.   Hope all is well...your layout gonna be on tour?   :)   I would love to come see it again sometime.

Hi Doug:

It's been a long time since I saw you last. All is well here. I had two cataracts removed in the last four weeks. I wanted to get them removed when they were small and my health was good. I haven't put the layout on tour yet.One of these days I will. All the basic scenery is 100% completed now and I'm working on fine detailing. The layout has been fully operational for seven years now going on eight. My, how time flies when you're having fun and running trains. You can see the layout  any time you want. I'll be at the show on Saturday January 16th in the morning.

Take care...... 8) 8)

Rossford Yard

• Crew
  • Respect: +145
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 08:17:45 AM »
3 sympathetic minutes on local news 2 weeks out! Nice.  Sounds like the interviewer at least knows a bit about MR via his grandfather.

Hope the show matches the hype now......I heard the fall show was a bit weak, but then, it traditionally has been, so this one should be better.   I will be there, Wyatt (Soo) in tow for at least a bit.

Rossford Yard

• Crew
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 09:55:32 AM »
Ads must have worked.  Strongest attendance I can recall, I had to park out in the back 40 on some grass, and then had to keep an eye out for the rain because my little sports car doesn't get out of mud too well.

Some new vendors, and really a lot of buzz.  Anyone who can, should go today.  Hopefully, the attendance is just as good....not like the Cowboys are in the PO and going to drain attendance...

On a separate but related note, sorry Soo couldn't attend, and sorry his Packers didn't win. A little model railroad therapy might be in order!

coldriver

• Crew
  • Respect: +584
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 12:05:57 PM »
It was a very good show with some new vendors (finally), heavy attendance, and (most importantly) some screamin' deals.  As I mentioned to Rossford Yard and Doug at the show yesterday, I consider it a good show if you come home with a at least a lb. of N scale in your bag and I hit that even after taking out the ballast I bought! 

Rossford Yard

• Crew
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 02:26:30 PM »
A really astute train show would have a chiropractor available for all of us who over buy by the pound......

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1530
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 05:27:18 PM »
This all sounds well and good but didn't either of you take a single d@mn picture? :facepalm:
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

Rossford Yard

• Crew
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 09:23:24 AM »
This all sounds well and good but didn't either of you take a single d@mn picture? :facepalm:

Can't lug a camera and a shopping bag, LOL.  Besides, who hasn't missed a deal doddering around to take photos?  Plus, it was one of those transcendent events where you had to be there to really appreciate it!

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1530
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »
Can't lug a camera and a shopping bag, LOL.  Besides, who hasn't missed a deal doddering around to take photos?  Plus, it was one of those transcendent events where you had to be there to really appreciate it!

If you had your smart phone you had a camera!

All kidding aside - glad you had fun.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B