Author Topic: Planned centercab transfer unit bash  (Read 20156 times)

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +458
Re: Planned centercab transfer unit bash
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2014, 01:55:19 AM »
Project is not dead! I have been making some progress, just not enough to really brag about. some stuff didn't work, such as my plans for the hand rails. Overall it's still chugging forward.
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2014, 09:20:46 AM »
Structural reality aside, it's a neat looking diesel.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2014, 03:23:31 PM »
T24-66 is not dead, or at least mine is not. I got the SP light package filled finally, and I am working on a few design ideas for the handrails. I got a decoder on order for it also. Once the hand rails are done, I need to track down a few bells and mounts, and horns. then it's ready for paint. Pictures later today or tomorrow
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2014, 06:11:03 PM »

Handrails: DONE
Decoder: On it's way
Paint: Ordered
Decals: trying to locate

so whats left? I need to source some bells and mounts, and horns. I'm thinking about using CN style cab mounted bell, and doing one on the A end of the loco, leaving the B end without, Horns, I'm going to probably just use dual single chime trumpets, on each long hood, proximal to the cab. Paint, I'm trying to decide how to go about it. I need both black and yellow, which don't play well together. I'm thinking I may airbrush the entire lower half of the loco Yellow, then tape off the stripes, then lay down the black. finally decals, and seal it. Here is a reminder of the livery:

Someday, I may revisit the project, and add a sound decoder, I am not doing it at the moment, because I want to be able to have 2 distinct FM engines clugging away.
Mike

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2098
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2014, 07:20:38 PM »
My 2 are still alive , Kath and myself wanted to get certain chores done this summer so all modeling has been on hold . Just about ready to start modeling again .

Richie Dost

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2014, 08:38:12 PM »

That thing looks like a brute.  Great job!

DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2016, 04:18:28 PM »
+1
Wow, Has it really been a year and nine months since I did something to this beast?

Got off my a$$, and got it painted! It's looking good. I was able to get some decals from Jim Younkins, Now I just need some decal set and solvent, and clearcoat. I still need to make some light pipes, mount horns, and mount the bell.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Mike

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2016, 05:42:54 PM »
With the paint on, it looks massive - like something the Bridges and Structures Department would not want to see coming. :facepalm: :D

This reminded me of my own double-FM freelance idea: what would FM's entry have looked like in UP's double-diesel showdown in 1963, had they still been around? A double Trainmaster? Which would have been tweaked to 3000HP each by then? The mind boggles.