Author Topic: Chain Link Fence  (Read 7078 times)

jimmo

• Crew
  • Representing Willmodels
  • Respect: +6
    • Willmodels
Re: Chain Link Fence
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2016, 03:56:54 PM »
Hey John, what if I just want a couple of feet that I will cut to size myself? I'm assuming we are getting the 48" wide stuff.

I'll put a request in the Trading Post when I get your response.
James R. Will

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3047
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2016, 09:56:47 PM »
Last call for fence material will be Friday 2/19/16.  Please request the amounts and hights per the thread here:

https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=38242.0

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3047
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2016, 09:15:21 PM »
For those who contacted me on the Trading Post thread, individual costs and shipping are being tallied an I will be contacting each person individually to explain each person's costs, obtain shipping info, confirm that you still want it, and finally payment terms.

Decent turnout so the price should be reasonable!

I am waiting on some info from the manufacturer that may affect cost, but my fingers are crossed that it will not. Also an unknown is the shipping cost of the raw material.

Thanks to all who participated and stay tuned to your Private Messages!

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2016, 05:00:51 PM »
I got my 3x3 sample of the #50 mesh with .0045 wire and put together a little experimental fence. I think this size is a good choice for N-scale.

@jimmo - may I ask how you attached the mesh to your frame?  I tried soldering some, but since it is (apparently) stainless steel, that was not working well.  Just CA?

jimmo

• Crew
  • Representing Willmodels
  • Respect: +6
    • Willmodels
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2016, 06:03:49 PM »
@jimmo - may I ask how you attached the mesh to your frame?  I tried soldering some, but since it is (apparently) stainless steel, that was not working well.  Just CA?

Since my sample was so short I just used Plastruct Bondene solvent to bond the styrene posts and whatnot to the screen. Probably not the best way to secure it but it hasn't broken loose yet. I will probably try CA when I get to seriously installing fencing. Working with a short length of fence however, it was easy to build it and add detail.
James R. Will

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2016, 06:45:55 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I've used that technique to attach etched roof walks, with modest success.  I was planning to use wire for the fence posts, so I'll have to play around with it.