Author Topic: Rapido Trains Meat Reefers "Whoo Hoo!"  (Read 6993 times)

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5508
Re: Rapido Trains Meat Reefers "Whoo Hoo!"
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2015, 08:29:56 PM »
+1
Plus the printing lays down nice when the boards are flat.

Mike C

• Crew
  • Respect: +144
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2015, 06:33:08 PM »
Do these only come in 4 packs ? Walthers only lists 4 packs no singles .

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2015, 07:17:52 PM »
Do these only come in 4 packs ? Walthers only lists 4 packs no singles .

BLW sells singles.  That is how I got mine.
. . . 42 . . .

Angus Shops

• Crew
  • Respect: +256
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2015, 09:37:09 PM »
Rapido's most current email newsletter mentions not one but TWO "N scale mystery locomotives" under development at their factory...

Geoff

What's going on here! I expected hundreds of posts speculating on what Rapido might be planning...

Geoff

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2015, 11:53:18 PM »
What's going on here! I expected hundreds of posts speculating on what Rapido might be planning...

Geoff

I would like to but I don't know the Canadian specific diesels well enough , and would Rapido build a RTR version of shell offerings . Have all the crisp hood line diesels been done , Turbo train , and the huge diesel something 5000 been done ?

Richie Dost

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2015, 07:43:06 AM »

I figure that in order to keep everyone here happy, they will produce an FPA-4 (so we can all complain about how it isn't an FA-2) and a Baldwin road switcher, (so everyone can take micrometers to the door louvers).

Personally, I want them to produce a GTW U4b that runs perfectly, is absolutely true to scale,  and costs less than $150.  OK, granted, I see that as a low probability, but these are the guys who put an Enterprise shuttle on the rails, so anything is possible.
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

YouraverageSPF

• Crew
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2015, 10:18:16 AM »
That would be correct...... ;)

When should a formal announcement for said engines be expected?

Specter3

• Crew
  • Respect: +149
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2015, 12:44:58 PM »
They are doing Canadian steam locos in HO. So I would not be surprised to see one or two make the jump to N scale.

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +483
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2015, 12:57:12 PM »
I want them to produce a GTW U4b that runs perfectly, is absolutely true to scale,  and costs less than $150.  OK, granted, I see that as a low probability.

This!
Buffering...

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2015, 01:09:05 PM »
They are doing Canadian steam locos in HO. So I would not be surprised to see one or two make the jump to N scale.

I can categorically tell you guys we have no plans whatsoever to bring the Icons of Canadian Steam to N scale. Now; we never say never but there is no plan for any N scale steam engines at Rapido. We have some new N scale diesel electric engines in development; these will be announced when they are further down the development road but they are not steam engines. Sorry

Rapido Mike
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Puddington

• Crew
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2015, 01:10:47 PM »

Personally, I want them to produce a GTW U4b that runs perfectly, is absolutely true to scale,  and costs less than $150.  OK, granted, I see that as a low probability, but these are the guys who put an Enterprise shuttle on the rails, so anything is possible.

Then for $ 150.00 you don't want one that works...... :trollface:  :D

Sorry; no steamers from us in N scale....... more diesel electrics; but no steamers......
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

nickelplate759

• Crew
  • Respect: +993
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2015, 01:31:23 PM »
I'm very happy with the meat reefers.  I'm still hoping for a gas-turbine-electric (i.e. the TurboTrain) someday - my Bachmann TurboTrain models are REALLY ugly... :P

George
George
NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Puddington

• Crew
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2015, 01:44:39 PM »
I'm very happy with the meat reefers.  I'm still hoping for a gas-turbine-electric (i.e. the TurboTrain) someday - my Bachmann TurboTrain models are REALLY ugly... :P

George

We are slowly picking away at the design for an N scale Turbo but it won't be announced for some time yet...... not a simple project.....

Mike C

• Crew
  • Respect: +144
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2015, 05:57:05 PM »
I can categorically tell you guys we have no plans whatsoever to bring the Icons of Canadian Steam to N scale. Now; we never say never but there is no plan for any N scale steam engines at Rapido. We have some new N scale diesel electric engines in development; these will be announced when they are further down the development road but they are not steam engines. Sorry

Rapido Mike

Well heck , some of us might actually buy a Canadian steamer , Maybe even without complaining ...... How about a Royal Hudson ..... :trollface:

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2015, 11:18:22 PM »
Sorry; no steamers from us in N scale....... more diesel electrics; but no steamers

OK, OK, diesels.  But be warned, I have something like 30 E and F units, and a bunch of PAs, and GPs, etc- so be creative.

Wish I could find some photos showing CN power (diesel or otherwise) in Chicago in the mid-50s.  I've read that they occasionally crossed the border (would become commonplace in the 60s), but all my GTW photos show GTW power on the front end of the Toronto-Chicago trains west of Port Huron prior to 1960 or so. FPA-4 or a C Liner sitting at Roosevelt Road and that sort of thing.
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.