Author Topic: Loksound chuff rate  (Read 1268 times)

badlandnp

• Crew
  • Respect: +11
    • Badland N.P.
Loksound chuff rate
« on: October 04, 2015, 08:11:37 AM »
Have installed a few of these the last couple of years, and this one is giving me fits. I have a Shay file micro-select installed in a mogul. The motor control and such all work fine, however the chuff rate won't adjust.
CV 57 is adjusteable for the slow speed, but doesn't start until notch 2 of 28. CV 58 adjusts but seems to have no effect.
So, tried the magic CV8 reset and went to the chuff rate settings first, still nada.
Dunno what to try next....
Northern Pacific in the Badlands, in N-scale of course!

jdcolombo

• Crew
  • Respect: +924
Re: Loksound chuff rate
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 11:42:02 AM »
Could it be the Shay file causing problems?  Have you done the Shay file before?  If you have and it has worked in the past, I'd suspect a decoder problem.  If you haven't done the Shay before, it may be a file problem - maybe this particular file doesn't use CV58?

I'd contact Matt Hermann at ESU USA directly, or post to the Yahoo LokSound group to see if they have any ideas.

John C.

badlandnp

• Crew
    • Badland N.P.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 12:24:57 PM »
No, it is the first Shay file I have tried, and made the assumptiion it would work like the other older steam files. And we all know what that means.....

badlandnp

• Crew
    • Badland N.P.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 09:22:53 PM »
Did some research on ESU's site. Turns out The 73815 shay file has only 5 settings in CV 48, bits 0-5. This may or may not affect CV 57-58, but it is a useful tidbit. Now to hear what ESU says.