Author Topic: EVEN more exciting news about B-mann K4  (Read 5665 times)

strummer

• Crew
  • Respect: +63
Re: EVEN more exciting news about B-mann K4
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2015, 11:58:46 AM »
Well, there you have it, an "A" rating from Spookshow.

That's good enough for me.  :)

Mark in Oregon

CPR9009

• Crew
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2015, 01:09:46 PM »
They just popped up on MBK.  $225.  Will be interesting to see how fast they go. :D

Scott

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8552
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2015, 01:24:07 PM »
Just got my ChuckPak alert...  1361 inbound!

eric220

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Continuing my abomination unto history
  • Respect: +607
    • The Modern PRR
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2015, 08:55:41 PM »
+1
Cross-posted for reference.  Dave V posted some prototype drawings, and I superimposed them over photos of my model.

As promised,

Now some allowance must be made for the fact that I had to guesstimate the scaling and rotation, but I worked to get them as close as possible.  For the side views I tried to scale the back of the cab to the front of the smoke box.

Overall, I was quite surprised.  The Bachmann model actually matches the side views much better than I would have given them credit for.  Both side views indicate that the Bachmann version sits a little high at the smoke box end.  Given the tolerances in N Scale, I'm almost willing to give them a pass and write that one off as this particular model has a loose screw holding the front end down.  Also, someone made a comment about the curvature of the cab roof; it seems to match quite nicely.  The only real glaring inconsistency that I saw was the head-on view.  The cylinders stick out much farther than the prototype.  I'm also willing to write that one off as a necessity due to the physical limitations of the valve gear.  Overall, I'd say Bachmann did a pretty dang good job of matching the presented prototype drawings.
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

badlandnp

• Crew
  • Respect: +11
    • Badland N.P.
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2015, 08:03:18 AM »
 :D
Thanks for the superimposed drawings, that is a neat idea! Sure makes the anticipation worse.... So, am 'patiently' waiting for mine to arrive.....and then have to figure out a plausible excuse for the Pennsy to be running in eastern Montana. Naw........it's my rr, so it just had to happen.

Off topic, I have been using NCE Power cab for a few years and it has run up to three sound equipped lokos at a time with no issues of any sort. In fact, the most amps I have seen it display was .28. And it has been easy to use.
Northern Pacific in the Badlands, in N-scale of course!