Only a couple of photos tonight.
But it represents a couple of night's work.
One night, I reassembled all the parts for the chassis.
Of course, it was not just a matter of assembly, but also tuning the mechanism.
Still to do: air erase and blacken the wheels.
Then chassis will be done.
It took two more evenings to finish all the pinstripping.
Still to do: (lots)
Air erase and paint and install the handrails at the cab door.
Replace red jumper wire on inside.
Not much to look at close up, but I added some safety decals. There were a couple of high voltage warnings. Red background with white letters.
These came from set 60-527 GE & EMD late builder's plates.
Another warning label is over the cab on the old upper sandbox.
This shot also shows that I decided to scrape off the paint on the bells and go with a natural brass color.
Next. I need to turn my attention to the boiler room.