Author Topic: airbrushing  (Read 2246 times)

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3160
    • Designer at Keystone Details
Re: airbrushing
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 07:10:45 PM »
Second Peteski on the Tamyia tape.  Unfortunately, I wish they sold it in 3mm and 1.5mm. I bought an extra roll and using a new exacto blade, slit the 6mm wide into 3mm.  This leaves one good edge as a tape line.  For my project the 6mm was just a hair too wide, so I taped one edge and overlapped in the center of my protected width.

Santa Fe Guy

• Crew
  • Respect: +359
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 08:58:00 PM »
For years I used masking tape and because of its sometimes rough edges used to cut the edges off using a scalpel (they are sharper than a #11 exacto) on a sheet of glass.
Since finding Tamiya masking tape in all its widths it has been a god send.
Low tack and flexibility along with sharp crisp edges it is a clear winner for me.
There is no way I will use anything else.
Rod.
Santafesd40.blogspot.com

engineshop

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
    • http://www.engineshop.org
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 06:13:31 PM »
Logically, this should mean painting the yellow first (after primer) and then masking off and painting the blue, right?

DFF

Use yellow first but don't paint only the front and back. Let the paint "run out" towards the middle of the body. Otherwise you will see a faint line where the yellow stops under the blue paint.
By the way, I never primed any of my models but I prepped the plastic with dish washing soap, toothbrush rubs and Testors Plastic Prep liquid.

Here is a link to a great painting tutorial although the used paint (Polly Scale) might not be available anymore. 

http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?77908-How-to-paint-a-CB-amp-Q-GP30-in-N-scale (Sorry)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 01:43:47 PM by engineshop »

Bangorboy

• Crew
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 10:01:28 PM »
Here is a link....   ???

if you included a link, my Browser isn't displaying it.  Can you repost?

thanks
Bill B
Drole & Lake Connick RR
N Scaling in South Okaloosa