Author Topic: BLI has announced a K...  (Read 2012 times)

towl1996

• Crew
  • Chairman of TRW Busty Cougar Welcoming Committee
  • Respect: +138
BLI has announced a K...
« on: February 16, 2015, 05:47:54 PM »
...7's,  :lol:  the stock car in the winter TKM.

http://www.prrths.com/Keystone%20Modeler/Keystone_Modeler_PDFs/TKM%20No.%2091%20-%20Winter%202015.pdf.

I wonder what else will trickle down?  ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 06:38:40 PM by GaryHinshaw »
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +328
Re: BLI has announced a K...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 09:40:44 PM »
It's been in their "Expected Product Delivery Schedule" for a few months now.  Always listed as arriving June 2015 but still no site page for it and the preorder date is "Announcement Soon".  The HO version apparently arrived March 2014 so you would think it wouldn't be that hard to make it happen in N. Just tooling up the stock car. The guts should be ready.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

nscaler711

• Crew
  • @frs_strelizia
  • Respect: +127
    • IG
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 04:37:03 AM »
Towl, YOU'RE FIRED!!  :x
You got MY hopes up for a K4 and I don't even model the Pennsy!!! Or even that era for that matter...
If somebody produces a K4 I'd probably go nuts and sell off all my SF stuff...

is sad now...
“If you have anything you wanna say, you better spit it out while you can. Because you’re all going to die sooner or later." - Zero Two

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5508
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 06:34:13 AM »
I hate to say it, but I think BLI will be pretty disappointed in their N scale rolling stock sales. Sure some will like them and be very happy. I just don't think they have picked any home runs for them to keep going. The locomotives have a much better chance of being a hit, but even then they are pretty pricey.

Either way hope I'm wrong  :P

pjm20

• Crew
  • Modeling the Bellefonte Central
  • Respect: +141
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 11:21:54 AM »
Sweet! SPFs now can model the Man o' War with K7s and a M1a/b. BLI is so good to us... :trollface:
Peter
Modeling the Bellefonte Central Railroad circa 1953
PRRT&HS #8862
Live Steam Enthusiast

Check out my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PennsyModeler

towl1996

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 05:28:25 PM »
I would love to have a long string of these, but with them coming with sound, it won't be cheap. Hopefully some will be offered without sound, otherwise my purchases will be limited.  Surely they know this.

BLI's rolling stock release strategy is a real head scratcher.
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

BeastofTheEast

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 12:08:27 AM »
I didnt believe for one second you were going to say K....4.

1. BLI K4 would be too good to be true.
2. You would've just stated it properly in the title. As in "BLI has finally announced a PRR K4!!!"

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +652
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 01:55:28 PM »
I just wish someone, anyone, would make a PRR K4  (It's a Pacific, right?) so all the SPFs can just stop prostrating themselves about it.  :D
Peter Pfotenhauer

towl1996

• Crew
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 06:03:44 PM »
Well....., it was reported that the new BLI catalog coming out next month will have a new n scale steamer.  ;)  So look at BLI's HO stuff and pick your favorite Pennsy steamer.  :)

SkipGear

• Crew
  • Respect: +629
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 06:08:36 PM »
I hate to say it, but I think BLI will be pretty disappointed in their N scale rolling stock sales. Sure some will like them and be very happy. I just don't think they have picked any home runs for them to keep going. The locomotives have a much better chance of being a hit, but even then they are pretty pricey.

Either way hope I'm wrong  :P

The first batch of hoppers did better than I expected. Our shops are all gone and I had ordered extra B&O sets expecting them to be around later to pick them up as I had more cash. Coming in around the holidays kept me from buying as many as I wanted.
Tony Hines